• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair furloughs 210

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Mesa pilots signed the last crappy contract to capture scope, if they didn't then Mesa would have renamed every aircraft "Operated By Freedom Airlines". Ask Trans States about not capturing scope and stopping GOJets is working for them now.

GoJet and Freedom were both direct results of mainline scope clauses....They were exploited by managment....but created by ALPA/APA....

GoJet and Freedom were both direct results of mainline scope clauses....They were exploited by managment....but created by ALPA/APA....

I agree, America West at the time Freedom was started did not have a scope clause to keep JO from flying 700-900s for them, so he took Freedom and started running with it as far as he could before he was stopped only because he opened his big mouth during negotiations and the pilots captured that scope and stopped Freedom from being a non union carrier, but in turn signed the same crappy contract with the exception of Freedom being under ALPA.

Last edited:
Well that was just about the most worthless, meaningless bunch of crap I have ever read! I think you need to check your history there Comair boy!
You're an idiot.
Mainline was too good to fly those little regional jets.
Well, you guys did it to yourself. We should be flying nothing but props. But instead we're flying these CRJs on mainline routes.
You have no one to blame but yourself.
Personally, I hate your routes. I'm sick of sitting in the airplane for 3-4 hour legs. We shouldn't be doing anything more than 60 minutes. But thanks to you guys, who were too good for RJ, we're doing your work.

You're an idiot.
Mainline was too good to fly those little regional jets.
Well, you guys did it to yourself. We should be flying nothing but props. But instead we're flying these CRJs on mainline routes.
You have no one to blame but yourself.
Personally, I hate your routes. I'm sick of sitting in the airplane for 3-4 hour legs. We shouldn't be doing anything more than 60 minutes. But thanks to you guys, who were too good for RJ, we're doing your work.

I never voted For or Against RJs in the begining! Our union caved and gave up more RJs as we got screwed post 9-11 and in BK! I don't blame anyone including Comair for you flying RJs! I'm just amazed it took so long to turn the corner and realize what a waste these planes are. It's good that they are starting to park those things. I hear the 70 or 90 seater is better however!

Eastern airlines caused this. Or where you born yet? Ask your Grandfather what happened. They were too good to fly the little planes. So sorry acarpe you must be a special person. Glad to see you get to wear a special outfit. I hope after this merger you get to fly the short bus. F off... I would have been proud to wear your uniform once when I was a child. Well I was stupid then. I will only spit on it now, and hope for your and only your failure.

I'm glad you got the balls to say what you mean! Good Job!

I never voted For or Against RJs in the begining! Our union caved and gave up more RJs as we got screwed post 9-11 and in BK! I don't blame anyone including Comair for you flying RJs! I'm just amazed it took so long to turn the corner and realize what a waste these planes are. It's good that they are starting to park those things. I hear the 70 or 90 seater is better however!

Who caved?
The planes aren't a waste. They built the regionals to what they are today because the mainline guys didn't want them.
Again, we should be flying props, not jets.
The 70/90 is just a stretched CRJ...it's just an RJ.

Why no more PM's from you?

I would have been proud to wear your uniform once when I was a child. Well I was stupid then.
Nothing's really changed, you're still stupid.:laugh:

I will only spit on it now, and hope for your and only your failure.

Its ok too. I wouldn't piss on a cmr pilot if he was on fire!

Gojet created by ALPA?
Where do you come up with this stuff? And you wonder why your lawsuit was such a success?:laugh:

Latest resources

Back