• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair furloughs 210

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
In regards to delta flying, do you guys really believe that mesa going bk would benefit comair in any way? Approaching five years here and not one good thing has happened. There are plenty of other carriers that can replace mesa flying should it become necessary. Comair, for what many believe to be its limited future, will continue to be nothing more than a reserve airline in the dci system.

Why are we all 6xxx flight numbers now?

There once was a Pilot group who said Enough! They put their careers on the line and walked out for 89 days. They said "we would rather risk every thing than continue with the status quoe. They fought a good fight and won a contract that put them at the top of the Regional Industry. Did they get every thing they wanted? No. But they were satisfied they had done there part. The other Regional Pilot groups would now pick up the torch and continue the fight.
Boy, were they wrong.Republic pilots were in a 30 day cooling off period. They had a decision to make. Under cut the Comair pilot group or demand what Comair Pilots got plus a little.
That is called pattern bargaining. A common practice that dates back decades.
They chose the path of cowards. They were told if they under cut the Comair Pilots, they would get a bunch of Shiny New Jets. Quick upgrades. They bought into it. They could not resist. The Mesa Pilots had already bowed to ornstein. They watched as jo played them like a fiddle. They saw all this play out and they STLL bowed to the same tactics jo had used to beat his pilots into submission.
It was sad to watch. All it did was give them an excuse to stab the Comair Pilots in the back.
Now today, Comair is sending 206 pilots packing.
All hopes of bargain pattern bargaining is gone because of the actions of a couple of short sited pilot groups.
So if you guys and gals ever wonder why a Comair Pilot looks the other way when you pass him or her in the terminals, just think about the 206 fine pilots who no longer have jobs due in large part to your short sited actions at a time when you could of stood tall and joined the Comair Pilots in saying "Enough!"
Pot,

How dare you insult an entire pilot group like this? You call a group the problem, yet you are flying a regional jet arent you? YOU are part of the problem as well....You are simply an idiot.....

Kettle

I have to say after reading all the "Mesa Sucks" threads I must admit pilots are their own worst enemies. Yea...we all know Mesa/Freedom/Air Midwest sucks, but so does Comair, Republic, Great Lakes, ASA, Eagle. All regionals suck...in some form or another. Is your regional airline giving you a great quality of life? How about $80,000.00 to be the FO on a CRJ/ERJ/B1900D? How about a consistant 15-17 days off a month? NONE. I hear pilots complaining about how mainline pilots are $hitty to them and how terrible it is to sit on the jumpseat of a mainline flight because all the crews are a$$holes. Then 20 minutes later I see the same guys walk down the concourse and snub some guy from another regional who just said "what up"? What did that one regional guy ever do to a mainline guy? Nothing. And what did the one regional guy do to the regional guy...nothing. And if a guy chooses to go to the Delta Connection Academy in Florida and pay $120,000.00 to be a Comair pilot good for that guy. And if another guy choose to go to Midland Community College and pay $20,000.00 to get a job at Mesa good for him. Who cares...anyone on this board who says they didn't/wouldn't take the first offer they got after flight instructing is full of $hit. If you really did hold out for your "really great" regional airline your an idiot. This is why the airlines are jacked up. IT'S THOSE GUYS!!! F*cking it up for everyone else. Everyone thinks they're better than everyone else. Damn that's so dumb. That includes you mainline jacka$$es who constantly post on the REGIONAL board. Go back to your board...damn. That's even dumber. I need a beer...now.

recall

Genious crew planner at Comair predicts recalls in 2Q '09. Wait a minute ??? Sh#t' I don't know. These are the same dumbas#es that put out upgrades when they KNEW that we were going to furlough!

Puppet Mgmt 101 at its best

But hey! Good things are happening in Flight Ops! (memo)

Last edited:
I have to say after reading all the "Mesa Sucks" threads I must admit pilots are their own worst enemies. Yea...we all know Mesa/Freedom/Air Midwest sucks, but so does Comair, Republic, Great Lakes, ASA, Eagle. All regionals suck...in some form or another. Is your regional airline giving you a great quality of life? How about $80,000.00 to be the FO on a CRJ/ERJ/B1900D? How about a consistant 15-17 days off a month? NONE. I hear pilots complaining about how mainline pilots are $hitty to them and how terrible it is to sit on the jumpseat of a mainline flight because all the crews are a$$holes. Then 20 minutes later I see the same guys walk down the concourse and snub some guy from another regional who just said "what up"? What did that one regional guy ever do to a mainline guy? Nothing. And what did the one regional guy do to the regional guy...nothing. And if a guy chooses to go to the Delta Connection Academy in Florida and pay $120,000.00 to be a Comair pilot good for that guy. And if another guy choose to go to Midland Community College and pay $20,000.00 to get a job at Mesa good for him. Who cares...anyone on this board who says they didn't/wouldn't take the first offer they got after flight instructing is full of $hit. If you really did hold out for your "really great" regional airline your an idiot. This is why the airlines are jacked up. IT'S THOSE GUYS!!! F*cking it up for everyone else. Everyone thinks they're better than everyone else. Damn that's so dumb. That includes you mainline jacka$$es who constantly post on the REGIONAL board. Go back to your board...damn. That's even dumber. I need a beer...now.

I totally agree with you especially about the beer. I think it's fair to say that 80% have it right, it's the rest that ******************** it all up. Fly the line, build time and move on. We are our own enemy. Guys out there are trying to make the regionals like the majors, you can't have it both ways. As long as you don't have 8 days off per month making min guarantee, you're golden. With the exception of one airline out there, no one has it that ********************ty we should all be happy we have a job.

Latest resources

Back