• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair furloughs 210

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I constantly see ComAir guys bashing pilots of every other regional for destroying career advancement, pay, and quality of life issues. But who, may I ask, took delivery of the first regional jets in the United States? Who forever cemented regionals as C-scale work forces, and first took away the potential growth of the mainline carriers? I believe it was a certain Delta connection airline that took the first CRJ, and I believe that airline's name started with a C....

But the truth is, the pilots at comair that started us all down the steep slope of career destruction are for the most part NOT at Comair anymore. Likewise, the majority of pilots who voted in the current Mesa, Chautauqua, and pinnacle contracts are no longer at those airlines. If you want to live in the past, go to the beginning and look to yourselves. if you want to look to the present, understand who makes up the work groups of those you focus your hate at. If you want to look to the future, then drop the schnitty attitude and help work on a collective plan for the future. The pilot groups you so despise are all in contract negotiations now, with fresh voters in the ranks. If you keep up your despicable attitude towards them, you just may find them dancing in the streets when you lose your job. We all vote with our hearts, and right now my heart wants to see some of you on your butt. Show some support and intelligence, and my heart will want to see us all in a better place. I am going to make my airline a better place to work. But I have the choice of raising the bar to a level above you, or just slightly beneath you. Be a man, act like a comrade, and don't hold the past over the heads of those who were not a part of it.

So what if they recall in q2 2009...after the increase in summer flying ends in September 2009 we'll be having this same discussion again a year from now after Comair furloughs their seasonal help.

I constantly see ComAir guys bashing pilots of every other regional for destroying career advancement, pay, and quality of life issues. But who, may I ask, took delivery of the first regional jets in the United States? Who forever cemented regionals as C-scale work forces, and first took away the potential growth of the mainline carriers? I believe it was a certain Delta connection airline that took the first CRJ, and I believe that airline's name started with a C....

But the truth is, the pilots at comair that started us all down the steep slope of career destruction are for the most part NOT at Comair anymore. Likewise, the majority of pilots who voted in the current Mesa, Chautauqua, and pinnacle contracts are no longer at those airlines. If you want to live in the past, go to the beginning and look to yourselves. if you want to look to the present, understand who makes up the work groups of those you focus your hate at. If you want to look to the future, then drop the schnitty attitude and help work on a collective plan for the future. The pilot groups you so despise are all in contract negotiations now, with fresh voters in the ranks. If you keep up your despicable attitude towards them, you just may find them dancing in the streets when you lose your job. We all vote with our hearts, and right now my heart wants to see some of you on your butt. Show some support and intelligence, and my heart will want to see us all in a better place. I am going to make my airline a better place to work. But I have the choice of raising the bar to a level above you, or just slightly beneath you. Be a man, act like a comrade, and don't hold the past over the heads of those who were not a part of it.

Well researched and well said. I owe ya a beer or two.

I'll take a beer from you Saluki for having to post here and correct you.....unfortunately, those words of wisdom come from the world-reknown poet Juvenile.

:beer:
You win a beer too! :p Honestly I havent been black in a LONG time...my memory is hazy!

I vote with my brain (something you obviously don't have).
Your grasp of the industry is a little off.
The Delta pilot group turned down the CRJ because it wasn't good enough for them. Maybe they were making decisions with their heart and not their brains too.
Get a grip, and grow up.

Girl, you looks good, won't you back that thang up
You'se a fine motherfocka, won't you back that thang up
Call me Big Daddy when you back that thang up
Hoe, who is you playin wit? Back that thang up.
You son of a...I just laughed my arse off...which is not good because:
  • A.) it is quiet in the office and I sounded like an idiot.
  • B.) I just had my appendix ripped out Tuesday morning and laughing still hurts.
DX wins the thread with a JaRule reference!

I owe you one beer my friend!
That would be Juvenile, holmes. Get your annoying, late 90's/early 00's wannabe gangsta rappers straight. :D CASH MONEY RECORDS FO' THE NINE-NINE AND THE TWO-THOUSAND!!

In all seriousness, though...best of luck to the guys at Comair that are being furloughed. This business sucks sometimes.

Last edited:
It's you...

The entire friggin' subcontractor regional jet industry is in a perpetual state of denial. Look at the GoJet threads...

You are correct and this is just the way the mainline managements want it. Divide and conquer. As long as we do not stand united, they will continue to kick our arses. Once again, regional jobs and careers are unstable--even at Comair! Of course, what airline job is stable, longterm? That is a lesson, by now, that should be well learned by all!

Latest resources

Back