• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair Furloughing 300

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No. No exact numbers of furloughs yet from the company other than the "doom and gloom" memo from the VP of flight Ops (300 pilots, 225 FA's).

Results of Sept "COLA's" and the 149 captain displacement bid haven't been released yet, so exact furloughs haven't been announced and probably won't until next month sometime.

Expect it to be a lot less than the "doom and gloom" letter...(the company loves to be melodramatic with both negative and positive news).

Tchau!

Flight Options is hiring, according to Options_Slave!

You are welcome to have your opinion! I have mine! Yes indeed I am glad to see Comair shrinking, and furloughing. Blame it on your senior guys or ones that have left, but if we go back to reading posts that were up during our furlough at Delta you will find that Comair pilots did EVERYTHING they could to screw us over. They faught for one list, they faught to keep furloughed pilots from Comair, and then they said that if Delta dropped their scope(bigger 0planes for Comair pilots) than the concern about hiring furloughs would just disappear! Then the whole stupid RJDC crap. This pilot group are scumbags, and self serving. I could care less what you think about my opinion, I have just been waiting for this day to come! The offer still stands to help any of these guys navigate the unemployment nightmare, or one of them can come clean my pool! I'll even pay more per hour than Comair was paying them!

As a former Comair pilot I can tell you most of us had no issue with the Delta pilots. Infact, EVERYONE I associated with, did not endorse the RJDC and welcomed furloughed Delta pilots on property..any furloughed pilots for that matter. I did not support the minority who wanted the RJDC nor did i support many of the decision our MEC made. You are clearly one angry individual who needs to move on with life. I wish not only the Comair pilots all the best, but Delta too. You guys are by no means outof the woods. Oh yeah, "Scumbag?" HA, ha, I'd love to see you say that to even one Comair pilots face. Hiding behind this electronic world of flightinfo. I think you are the scumbag....nah, more like a Pu$$y.

Last edited:
Correct me if I am wrong but dont they have to issue WARN letters that give 60 days notice?

No, WARN letters only have to be given if a certain percentage of the workforce is effected. The CP told us yesterday that since the FAs managed to get 200 Part Timers, etc that the number of people (ie pilots) is less than the required percentage of workforce. His response was that they could furlough tomorrow if they wanted to.

I have just been waiting for this day to come! The offer still stands to help any of these guys navigate the unemployment nightmare, or one of them can come clean my pool! I'll even pay more per hour than Comair was paying them!

I volunteer to clean your pool for free, as long as you are home so I can kick your ass!

Ok Mr. Big bucks, I will bet you the purse of your choosing that we/DAL, NWA, Northwest, or the combined entity will not furlough in the next 18 months. Put up or shut time big mouth. Not only can you win some $$ and bragging rights,

Can I get in on that action?

Last edited:
It's Thursday 7:30PM, have you heard from your MEC?

acarpe3448 vbmenu_register("postmenu_1633486", true);
If you work for Delta then you should understand how wholly owned work. Comair is just a puppet and Mother Delta controls it. Delta decided to not help your furloughs out. DELTA OWNS COMAIR. DELTA CONTROLS COMAIR!

Latest resources

Back