Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
uncle said:
wacopilot,

you hit the nail on the head. we (comair pilots) are not the problem, it's the rest of the pilot groups who have taken horrible concessions for a little growth. Don't blame us, look in the mirror and bitch out the little cry baby staring back at you.

Wrong. If this vote passes, you can count yourselves in the same category as the rest. Comair pilots have been a highly admired pilot group--not because of your pay rates, but because of your willingness to stand unified and strong for what you deserve.

RSRVWINDSURFR said:
Wrong. If this vote passes, you can count yourselves in the same category as the rest. Comair pilots have been a highly admired pilot group--not because of your pay rates, but because of your willingness to stand unified and strong for what you deserve.
And besides, it's so cool to be a martyr for all the other folks..........NOT. What you didn't do for yourselves, you expect others to do for you? Gimme a break!

RSVWindsurfer, Wrong again. You guys perceive us to be admired not because we stood "strong and unified" for what WE believed we deserved but because some of the other pilot groups were unable to stand up for themselves - they lived "unity" vicariously through us.

Remember: A bird in hand is worth to in the bush.
Your career is a marathon not a sprint.

Just ask yourself; what I am I worth? Then vote accordingly.

RSRVWINDSURFR said:

Yes, we have been extremely unified and have stood strong. But we have gone at it pretty much alone, and the time has come where we can no longer afford to "hold the line" alone. Comair led the way with the strike and no one followed. We are done doing everyone else's dirty work trying to save the industry; it's time to save ourselves. Again, that's the deal. Now where's my beer (it's almost noon).

Last edited:
You vote yes, you whore yourselves out just like every other regional pilot. I don't get all the finger pointing. You're all the same, Comair (and the high and mighty, to himself anyway, surplus 1) included.

I've been saying all along that you can't go around pointing fingers at ALPA, other pilot groups, other pilots for your own problems, failings and shortcomings. One of these days you have to stand up and look in the mirror and admit that THERE lies the real root of your problems. Your own pitiful self.

FarginDooshbahg said:
You vote yes, you whore yourselves out just like every other regional pilot. I don't get all the finger pointing. You're all the same, Comair (and the high and mighty, to himself anyway, surplus 1) included.

I've been saying all along that you can't go around pointing fingers at ALPA, other pilot groups, other pilots for your own problems, failings and shortcomings. One of these days you have to stand up and look in the mirror and admit that THERE lies the real root of your problems. Your own pitiful self.

You really are quite pitiful yourself, Doosh. No one has been as strong as the Comair pilot group. Most of the other cry babies around here are just cheerleaders, and never take the field where you might experience some pain and get hurt yourself. Go secure your own life; don't expect other to do it for you.

jarhead said:
Go secure your own life; don't expect other to do it for you.

My point exactly. I guess reading comprehension was never your strong suit.:rolleyes:

How's Junior? Can HE speak for himself, or are you still doing it for him?

{QUOTE]
ASA has their GUARANTEED GROWTH, just like Comair had in their last negotiations in 2001.
[/QUOTE]

GUARANTEED GROWTH? 'Hey ASA, if you take a pay cut or cancel your negotiations we will give you 25 more airplanes.'

I believe the response was along the lines of "Uh, no, also bite me"
Gee, we got 25 airplanes....

It is truly scary to think that the belief is that Freddy is going to 'give' you more airplanes. Just say no and you will get them anyway.
Do you really think that Delta does not know where airframes are going???

jarhead said:
And besides, it's so cool to be a martyr for all the other folks..........NOT. What you didn't do for yourselves, you expect others to do for you? Gimme a break!

A martyr because you don't get guaranteed growth and you keep your bigger pay? A little dramatic don't you think? What we didn't do for ourselves? Do you think you could have gotten those pay rates in the past 2 years? I don't. Shoot, if this passes, you can't even keep them. Also, your pay will be practically identical to XJT's (less when prof. shar. is factored in) when all is said and done, and that is unfortunate since our pay is less than stellar.

I am not trying to add fuel to this fire. You guys will do what you feel is best for you. My point is, if you feel concessions for growth is best for you, you are no different than CHQ, MESA, IMHO.

Latest resources

Back