Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
God Bless to all. I never knew the crewmembers, but I feel I just lost 3 of my brothers. This must be a very very challenging time for all Comair brothers and sisters. Godspeed and God Bless.

T-Gates said:
Did anyone know the FO? His name is very familiar...I'm trying to figure out from where...anyone know where he was before CMR?

Jim Polehinke was my FO back in 2002 at Comair. He was a good man and I enjoyed flying with him. I believe he previously flew the BE1900 at Gulfstream out of FLL. God Bless all at Comair and their families.

The lead article on msn.com has some Embry-Riddle dolt professor shooting his mouth off and speculating about the crash. Some guy named Bill Waldock. Is this guy typical of Embry-Riddle professors?

That's horrible! Not the news I want to hear when I first wake up. God bless the pax and crew! The aircraft was N431CA, delivered in 2001.

I'm originally from LEX, and this was a terrible way to wake up.

God bless the crew, the passengers, and the families involved.

From airnav.com...

Apparently the runway lights on 26 were out of service until further notice. Listed as a daytime only runway. Only 75ft wide

Runway 8/26
Dimensions: 3500 x 75 ft. / 1067 x 23 m
Surface: asphalt/concrete, in poor condition
CONC IS SEVERELY CRACKED.
Weight bearing capacity:
Single wheel: 12500 lbs
Runway edge lights: medium intensity
MIRL RY 08/26 OTS INDEFLY.
Runway end identifier lights: yes
REIL OTS INDEFLY.
Touchdown point: yes, no lights

Last edited:
2wheelz said:
Jim Polehinke was my FO back in 2002 at Comair. He was a good man and I enjoyed flying with him. I believe he previously flew the BE1900 at Gulfstream out of FLL. God Bless all at Comair and their families.

That explains it...I knew I remembered that name.

Thank You.

Draginass said:
The lead article on msn.com has some Embry-Riddle dolt professor shooting his mouth off and speculating about the crash. Some guy named Bill Waldock. Is this guy typical of Embry-Riddle professors?

Some yes... but def not the majority. My personal opinion is that any true aviation expert that gets on the news would say something smart like "we just don't know right now, and speculation is pointless." Then just discuss the a/c, enviromentals, and area. Of course saying anything factual and professional dosen't get you hired with the news.

God speed to the crew and pax. Even more so to the FO if he pulls through this. He's got a long and rough road ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back