Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
Flew into LEX a couple of weeks ago. Lots of construction, and the runway had a HORRIBLE (temp I hope) grooving job. God bless to all & lets hope the FO pulls through o.k.

Midnight Flyer said:
What makes you the expert on judging IFLYABEECH's comments and then deciding if it's the appropriate time for him to voice his opinion as to what happened?
I personally don't believe IFLYABEECH is being insensitive, uncaring nor coldhearted. He has offered his condolences to the passengers, family and crew.
Just because IFLYABEECH voiced an opinion as to what he thinks might have happened dosen't mean he himself has never made a mistake; I don't know where you come up with that asinine line of thinking.

Maybe it was because he said that even a student pilot wouldn't make that kind of mistake. If they did indeed depart from the wrong runway, it shows that anyone can make a mistake, with tragic consequences. But to imply that the crew was less competent than a student pilot is both insensitive and assinine.

And I would guess that their TO roll would have had to been 4000+ feet with a full load of passengers and fuel for ATL.

John Pennekamp said:
I'm sure it will be mandated now. As usual, the FAA is a "Tombstone Agency".

Most of the FARs are written in pilots' blood.

What an unbearably horrible day. There but for the grace of God, go I.

Prayers for everyone at Comair, and for everyone working in this industry.

747 flyboy, maybe instead of giving your thoughts out to all involved, you should keep them to yourself. You, I and everyone else has no idea what happened and you would be wise to clam up until you know otherwise.

It's bothersome when CNN spouts off, but it's beyond unprofessional for pilots to jump to conclusions.

Words alone cannot simply express the loss for the families and Comair. My thoughts and prayers to all the families and to all who will be forever changed. What an unbearable day, God bless the Families and the fine employees of Comair.

V1

my condolences and prayers to all involved............

cherish the lives of the lost, for they may be lost, but never forgotten.....

and on another note, i wouldn't piss on Trace from fox news if he was on fire in front of his kids

Last edited:
Has anyone heard how the f/o made out in surgery?

God bless them all. Familes, victims, relatives, the Comair people in this trying time. This is truly a tragdey that affects us all in some way.

Unbelievable.

My thoughts and prayers are with the family and the survivor. Also with my Brother and Sister Aviators at Comair.

I'm so sorry for your loss, guys.

It wasn't a highspeed/NAP/CDO!!! It wasn't a rest issue.

Our CEO said the rest period "far exceeded" what was required.

747flyboy, anybody can say whatever they want. Your attitude tells me far more about you than whatever might have happened in the accident.

Something positive.............
Policeman, airport workers rescued survivor

By Associated Press | Sunday, August 27, 2006, 03:12 PM
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
A policeman and two airport security workers who reached the burning wreckage of Comair Flight 5191 pulled the plane’s first officer from the wreckage but couldn’t get to anyone else, police said Sunday.
The flight’s first officer, James M. Polehinke, was the only survivor of the deadly crash that killed 49 people. He was taken to University of Kentucky Hospital for lifesaving surgery and was in critical condition.
Officer Bryan Jared was injured as he worked with the two airport security officers, Lexington police Chief Anthony Beatty said Sunday. He later was able to return to the scene.
“It was therapeutic for (Jared) to come back to the scene,” Beatty said.
The plane was found in a field just beyond a 3,500-foot runway not typically used by commercial planes. The other 49 others aboard the plane mostly died from the fire, Fayette County Coroner Gary Ginn said.
Comair Chief Executive Officer Don Bornhorst confirmed the first officer’s identity and said the company had talked with their families. He said Polehinke had been with Comair since 2002.
Permalink | Categories: Comair crash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back