• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
God bless, for all involved.

The media is doing no service at all. I try and remember this when they cover areas that I know nothing about. But I think, there must be some guy somewhere saying "What crappy coverage, and these folks have no idea what they are talking about". I just happen to be that guy today.

Mark

I believe they had been displaced from their orginal trip and deadheaded in last night... their lines had been pulled off epic. But knowing Comair, it was scheduled reduced rest.

Last edited:
filejw said:
YPF. Also known as an Illegal or High Speed or Stand Up Overnight.
uh huh, this should open the fatigue issue wide open.

LowlyPropCapt said:
Terrible... You never ever want to hear this kind of news. Ruined my day, but that is nothing compared to the families without loved ones tonight. Prayers for them all.

I will join the chorus of PROFESSIONAL pilots who refuse to speculate about the cause, no matter how bad it looks for the crew involved. Two reasons: First, the press is a poor resource for aviation information. Second, Karma is a nasty bi*ch that drives one hell of a big bus. I for one don't want to piss her off and have her hunting me down.

Just remember boys and girls, you are one tiny mistake away from being just like these poor folks. Act accordingly.

^^Couldn't have said it better myself. God bless the families of those who are lost.

Maybe this accident will Highlight Crew rest issues and fatigue. I have never understood 8 hrs "legal rest", wtf...you are lucky if you get a max of 6 hours of rest...

My prayers and condolences go to the families and friends of all on board...maybe there is a lesson to be learned from this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back