• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
ALPO said:
I have to say the Comair CEO is facing this like a true leader. Immediately to the crash scene giving news conferences not through a spokesman.

I agree. For being the CEO for what, a month now? He is doing an excellent job.

Last edited:
My condolences to all the families.

If it turns out that they tried to takeoff from a 3500 ft rwy, it shows that sh!t and mistakes can happened at the "upper echelon" regionals

400A said:
You must be an awesome dude to be all knowing and all seeing. It is very obvious that you have never made a mistake in your aviation career. I am sure you have never missed a switch/checklist item/frequency.

Just remember that even if what you THINK turns out to be true, these individuals are Fathers, Sons, Mothers, Daughters, Husbands and Wives. Think of what the people like you and the press are now putting anyone related to the crew through. You are acting in a very insensitve, uncaring, cold-hearted and unprofessional manner. All in the sake of making yourself look good.

Should your assessment be accurate, that is for the NTSB to decide, and should be discussed in the training environment, in private so that no one else makes a similar mistake.

I only hope no family members of the crew have been on this board and read your childish comments. You should be ashamed of yourself.
Are you forgetting what country we live in and that we as citizens have a right to express ourselves through freedom of speech?
Who made you the moral police? What makes you the expert on judging IFLYABEECH's comments and then deciding if it's the appropriate time for him to voice his opinion as to what happened?
I personally don't believe IFLYABEECH is being insensitive, uncaring nor coldhearted. He has offered his condolences to the passengers, family and crew.
Just because IFLYABEECH voiced an opinion as to what he thinks might have happened dosen't mean he himself has never made a mistake; I don't know where you come up with that asinine line of thinking.

Geeze 400, just get off the guys case and lets keep the arguing and sarcasm out of this thread. Lets focus on respecting the families and victims of this horrific tragedy.

Jetz said:
Ah gahd Trace, he is on air showing that the angle of attack was 90 degrees on his little model. These Foxnews reporters are losing it....I cant listen to them anymore.

Does anyone know what the all engines takeoff distance (to 35 feet) would have been on this day? In other words, could it have made VR before the end of the short runway?

The media cover has been ridiculous. Makes me think of a Don Henley song:

"Got the bubble-headed bleach blonde, comes on at 5... she can talk about the plane crash, with a gleam in her eyes... it's interesting when people die, give us dirty laundry..."

Fox never has a clue what they're talking about...I remember shortly after Katrina, one of their wx man said (when the damaged to the levies weren't apparent yet) that he knew all along this wasn't going to be that devestating and why everyone was all concern because he knew it wasn't going to hit directly. A few hours later water was pouring into the city.

Not sure if anyone has posted this yet, but I heard the Vietnamese anchor woman on CNN this morning refer to the First Officer as the "First Lieutenant."

Como say what? Where do they get these people?????? Terrible and sloppy.

RIP to those involved.

Trace gallagher just said they " teach pilots how to take off with dual engine failure." I say we bombard Foxnews with emails about their lousy reporting.

pianoman said:
Mistake possible to make, the runways ends are very close together. I hope this one wasn't pilot error.

Wouldn't the tower have caught that? Or is it part-time?

How can it not be pilot error? (regarding lining up on the wrong runway) It will be very interesting to read the CVR transcripts when they are released.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back