• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
goahead said:
Guys/Gals regardless what happens to come of this we should all pray for these people and us as pilots should thank god that nothing like this has happened to us, tell your family you love them and do something nice for someone for a change. We all need to support each other no matter what the verdict is.
Well put brother.

Of course we can speculate all day long sitting here alive on the ground. I only worked for a regional for a year and I know that fatigue is not uncommon! 6 in the morning, taxing out, heading bug set on 260 for the initial heading (not sure how Comair operates, but we didn't set the heading bug until after t/o to follow the comand bars), got to the end of the taxi way, lined up on the wrong runway and blasted off. I can definately see how that could be done by any one of us pilots.

I'm not in any means trying to give excuses to say it wasn't pilot error, and I'm not saying it was pilot error. But while I am on the subject, I think that the 121 duty times and all that mess need to be tightened up. All you regional guys know that it is not uncommon to have a 15+ hour duty day - especially when you are about to leave you have to do a part 91 ferry flight (of course you don't have to accept it, I don't know) but you get my drift.

There is a program floating around called SAFE. Try to get your hands on it. it really is quite interesting to see sleep deprivation according to what your schedule is.

Hi!

I don't understand why Jepps isn't up to date.

At our home airport, they just finished a new taxiway. It wasn't on the airport diagram, so I looked in Q service, and it wasn't there either!

It's not like the repave stuff/build new taxiways, etc. in 1 day. They should tell Jepps what they're doing and when they expect to finish, so Jepps could have accurate info out to the pilots as the construction is finished.

With the internet and today's communication abilities, there is no reason not to have accurate diagrams/approaches available in the cockpit.

I understand that Jepps sometimes screws up, but this construction stuff is planned and takes months/weeks, so the information is known ahead of time.

cliff
DFW

Trace

kevin_p said:
Fox News reporter Trace Gallagher just said they had 13,000 lbs of bags on board....therefore please do not be too quick to take anything you hear on the news as fact.

Ah gahd Trace, he is on air showing that the angle of attack was 90 degrees on his little model. These Foxnews reporters are losing it....I cant listen to them anymore.

Does anyone know what the all engines takeoff distance (to 35 feet) would have been on this day? In other words, could it have made VR before the end of the short runway?

I have to say the Comair CEO is facing this like a true leader. Immediately to the crash scene giving news conferences not through a spokesman.

Fox bafoons!
As of 3:10 pm they are showing highlighted pictures ( a circular highlight) of the aircraft and talking about how you can see the aircraft is mostly intact.
The picture they are so excited about is actually a fire truck and it is very obvious. What putzes.

Also the reporter is describing how when you reach the end of a runway that is too short the pilot will over rotate and get a compressor stall. While he is talking he is showing the attitude of the aircraft with a model. He holds the model in a 90 degree nose up position and says the plane would look this way as it left the runway.

These people should be silenced ! somehow!

God speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back