Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
This accident will not act in favor of the future of Comair; an already struggling company. What is really pathetic is that the result of this accident will probably produce only as much as a bigger sign at that airport. This industry is rapidly spinning out of control and ultimately the system failed these pilots. Also to the comair CEO who says he views the crew as part of his family; his actions of the past speak louder than his words today.

mesaba2425 said:
No it couldn't and it shouldn't. What happened today was easily preventable. It's Private Pilot 101.

Many accidents are. I can't recall one accident which was actually caused by super-advanced Area 51 space shuttle technology which caused the crash. SWA at Midway arguably is one. That crew appeared to have done what they thought was correct and the math just didnt line up, unbeknownst to them.

Many are tho, for the most part.

The C-5 crash recently was. Anybody heard of a VASI? How about "dont get behind the airplane?" Eastern in the 'glades with 3 crewmembers changing a 5 cent lightbulb was. Is someone flying the plane right now? AA into Hartford was one. Can you say "below your approach altitude?" The RJ crew who went to 410 "dude" to horse around? Has the term "judgement" been used before in flight training? The Dyess C-130 which hit mountains in Wyoming back in the 90's is another. Terrain avoidance? Follow the DP?

etc etc

lets learn from this

Detroitpilot22 said:
please accept my appology on that one, I am sorry i did not know about that one

Not to keep this theme going but the CorpEx flight back in October 2004....I was good friends with the FO on that one.

mesaba2425 said:
I do feel sorry for the FO though. He'll have to live knowing that his carelessness help lead to the death of 49 people.
Holy sh... ! Are you serious? I've read a few callous posts in this 27 page thread, but carelessness? One could only hope that you've never been a party to any mistakes in your life, and if that ever did take place, those around you weren't so quick to judge without having anything resembling facts.

Good lord ... rest the poor souls who perished in this crash, and have mercy on the would-be "experts" among us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back