Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys/Gals regardless what happens to come of this we should all pray for these people and us as pilots should thank god that nothing like this has happened to us, tell your family you love them and do something nice for someone for a change. We all need to support each other no matter what the verdict is.

ReportCanoa said:
Guys, check your runway alignment before blasting off and give that stby. vertical card compass a few taps cause it gets hung-up. Tragic day.
Show me a pilot who tells you he did everything perfect on a flight from A to B, and I'll show you a liar...

kc81900 said:
Captain was a friend of mine he will be missed. My thoughts and prayers to his wife and family.

Was he kind of a small-framed guy who wore glasses and a little bald? That name sounds very familiar to me.

TAWS said:
How many times have you bugged the runway hdg, but were given a departure hdg before you took the runway, bugged that and forgot about it!!!!!!
All of us could have done this - human factors!!
The vultures are already descending on the families, I predict lawsuits filed within 2 days!!! - Comair, Jepp, Airport Authority, you name it, the a$$holes are going to drag everyone into this one!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How many times have you been cuttin' up with a jumpseater on the taxi out and not really paying attention? I've done it.

I see that the CEO of Comair has already released the names of the Pilots - Less than 4 hours after the crash. I find it hard to believe that all the family members were notified that quick! Why the rush to publicly identify these guys?????

TAWS said:
I see that the CEO of Comair has already released the names of the Pilots - Less than 4 hours after the crash. I find it hard to believe that all the family members were notified that quick! Why the rush to publicly identify these guys?????

I do not believe those names would have been released if the family members had not been contacted first. Bornhorst even said the families had been contacted.

Shame that no carrier has purchased the addon to the EGPWS (called RAAS, link below) that would have identified to the crew they have lined up with a shorter then normal runway (it would have said as they went to t/o thrust "caution rwy 26, 3,500 feet"). We should push that RAAS be manditory in the future. It always costs lives to get anything that done in this industry.

My heart goes out to the crew and their families. Any one know if there is any way to dontate to the families?

http://www.honeywell.com/sites/aero/Egpws-Home3_CB54AACBB-D557-208D-8CE0-EC44CECAAB3B_HD821C499-7201-CF0B-5533-6EFD92534345.htm

The runway should be included in the T/O briefing, somehow either both pilots missed it, it was omitted, or they intended to take off from 26<and I doubt they did>.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back