• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
TOOL CRIB said:
From airnav.com...

Apparently the runway lights on 26 were out of service until further notice. Listed as a daytime only runway. Only 75ft wide

Runway 8/26
Dimensions: 3500 x 75 ft. / 1067 x 23 m
Surface: asphalt/concrete, in poor condition
CONC IS SEVERELY CRACKED.
Weight bearing capacity:
Single wheel: 12500 lbs
Runway edge lights: medium intensity
MIRL RY 08/26 OTS INDEFLY.
Runway end identifier lights: yes
REIL OTS INDEFLY.
Touchdown point: yes, no lights

Although 8/26 is listed as 75' wide, the hard surface is actually 150' wide (same as 4/22). It is marked 75' wide, but in poor light it could appear to be 150' wide.

Captain was a friend of mine he will be missed. My thoughts and prayers to his wife and family.

Huck said:

Hmmm... Looking at that diagram, and comparing to the live pictures on tv, it looks like the diagram isn't accurate. 4/22 has a overrun area with a taxiway leading up to it, from what I can see on tv. It is not depicted on the diagram. Looks like there are other discrepancies as well. Easy to make mistakes if you're looking at an inaccurate diagram...

All right. This is pathetic. As of 12:37 pm EDT, the female "reporter" on MSNBC stated that "their producer just tried calling the 1-800 number set up by Delta and was on hold for 15 minutes." Then she turned to ask a clinical psychologist how this 15 minute period must feel to those relatives and friends who were calling the hotline.

Perhaps if these incredibly irresponsible "producers" would stop flooding the 800 number with BS inquiries, they'd be able to get through more quickly. Jacknuts. Shame.

Last edited:
John Pennekamp said:
Was it a standup? Maybe a reduced rest overnight? I wonder if fatigue will be involved. Maybe the time has come for regionals to recognize pilot pushing.

God bless the families, friends and fellow employees.

My thoughts, exactly.

(after recently finishing a series of the patented Mesa "camping trips" . . . LEGAL DOES NOT MEAN SAFE)

God bless them, and lets hope that Congress will get off it's a$$ and shove some new laws down the airline industry's greedy gullet and get some sane rest rules, if this was a contributing factor.

JCJ said:
Although 8/26 is listed as 75' wide, the hard surface is actually 150' wide (same as 4/22). It is marked 75' wide, but in poor light it could appear to be 150' wide.

Yeah I see that now looking at Google maps (just type in LEX).

mrnolmts said:
Hmmm... Looking at that diagram, and comparing to the live pictures on tv, it looks like the diagram isn't accurate. 4/22 has a overrun area with a taxiway leading up to it, from what I can see on tv. It is not depicted on the diagram. Looks like there are other discrepancies as well. Easy to make mistakes if you're looking at an inaccurate diagram...

Good observation. 4/22 (maybe the whole airport) was closed for a few days either 1 or 2 weekends ago for repaving of 4/22. They also added some additional safety areas to the end of the runway. Obviously the live shots are accurate and new diagrams will probably be on the way.

from all the helicopter video of the crash site its obvious that they used 26 not 22.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back