Comair Classes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
New updates as promised

Well, just had the first day of indoc and here's what we were able to gather...

Classes
- The Aug 26th class has been increased from 6 to 10 new hires.
- There will be a class of 10 on Sept. 9th.
- Tentative October classes are the 10th and 26th with about 20-30 new hires in those total...so 10-15 each.
- The plan is to continue the 20-30 newhires per/month in classes for November, December, and hopefully beyond.

There will be 9 CRJ's delivered in January....you heard it NINE.

Other Misc
- Another 36 aircraft by December '03...18 CRJ's, 18 CRJ 700's.
- Up to 24 CRJ's are going to LGA, but there will not be a crew base there.
- DFW crew base is planned for June '03 and they're looking to put 100-150 pilots down there.

So, if you're in the pool, it won't be too much longer. Hope that helps.

Thanks for the info PR!
A couple of questions...
The 10th and 26th of October fall on a Thursday and Saturday respectively. I thought all classes started on Mondays. Perhaps your dates are a little off.
I am correct that seniority in class is based on age (oldest = most senior)?
How solid did the DFW in June info sound? Solid as a rock or more like Jell-O/water/gas?
Thanks again for the info!

Yeah, i noticed those dates were a little screwy after i had already posted them. The HR girl was trying to ballpark it, so I would guess the 1st and 3rd week in October. Those are tentative, but they didn't expect them to be cancelled.

The DFW June deal would fall somewhere in between solid and jell-o if i had to read from the way he said it. It's definitely going to happen sometime next summer....might start off small. It will only be CRJ's. The 70 seater will be out of CVG.

I'll post more as I hear it.

Thanks........

thanks for the update, it all sounds great, see you in CVG....

Maybe Oct, maybe Nov.(hopefully:( ).... the #'s on the airplanes sounds great.

Keep the info flow coming, and have fun!

Rich!
:p

Last edited:
Anaconda,

I made it to CVG after a two-day drive starting Sunday night at 8:30pm.
I spent 4 hours sleeping in a rest stop just past Chatanooga, I couldn't handle it any longer, I stayed out of the weedy area like Ben Stiller in "Something about Mary".

The Radisson is definetly round, round as a freakin stack of pancakes. I drove by it to drop off some stuff for storage. I moved everything I own in my Jeep.

I ran into Chris Edinboro and Chris Perry, they were studying the as** off, I guess.

It is getting our time, see you in class...

Hey PositiveRate

Just curious. That class in Sept. Is that a newhire class or is that just the EMB guys and gals? I had heard that all of the classes in Sept were going to be EMB transitions. I am hoping they are putting in at least one newhire class.

Late May interview will put me back awhile but the more that train now, the sooner my time comes.

Thanks for the good info.

I'm no expert, but I got the impression that the E120 transfers and the new hire classes are separated in a sense. i.e. a class of 10 new hires might actually be a larger class with E120 guys....anyone with more info on this, feel free to jump in. I'm in indoc right now, so there aren't any 120 guys, but I wouldn't be surprised if they showed up in systems.

They did specifically say 10 new hires in the september class, though. I'll keep you posted as I hear more.

PositiveRate

Just letting you know I really appreciate the information you are putting out. It is real hearteneing. Some of the other Comair people put out good info too but you are there where the decisions are announced.

Keep it up.

Latest resources

Back