• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair Classes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I interviewed March 21st and have been on the alternate list since the beginning of April (I think seniority for that list starts whenever you get asked to be put on it...i.e. if you interviewed in March, but did not get on the alternate list until May, there might be some april guys ahead of you....i could be wrong, though). I know for a fact that I was the 3rd person they called for the alternate slot, so it was just the luck of the draw that I picked up the phone.

As far as draining the pool goes, I was told they are now into the March 5th-7th interviews. They did not interview again until the 19th-21st of March, so I was pretty near the top of the pool. April was supposed to be pretty light and I don't know what they did for hiring in May.

In any case, I'll be in CVG on sunday and will try to post as much info as I hear as class progresses.

congrats positiverate! see you in cvg a week later...

btw, here is your initial class schedule:

The August 19 th New Hire Pilots will be attending classes at CVG on the following dates.
Students will report at 08:30 to the Human Resources Conference Room, on the first
floor of the Comair General Offices Building, for in processing. In processing will take
place from 08:30 to 17:00. Basic Indoctrination classes will begin the next morning in
classroom 2 at the Technical Training Center. Classes will run from 08:00 to 17:00 each
day.
August 19 In-processing H.R. Conference Room
August 20 Basic Indoc Tech Training Center Room 2
August 21 Basic Indoc Tech Training Center Room 2
August 22 Basic Indoc Tech Training Center Room 2
August 23 Basic Indoc Tech Training Center Room 2
August 24 OFF
August 25 OFF
August 26 Basic Indoc Tech Training Center Room 2
August 27 Basic Indoc Tech Training Center Room 2
Pilot/Spouse Orientation 12:00 to 19:00 G.O.
August 28 CRM Tech Training Center Room 2
August 29 CRM Tech Training Center Room 2
August 30 CRJ Systems Training Class 02-51N begins at the CVG Technical
Training Center. Report time will be 1600 each afternoon.

Last edited:
Sept.

Anyone heard the info on Sept. classes?

Yo PR,, whats the deal, I didn't get a call, maybe you can give ME a call and tell me how it went. Thanks:eek:

all I have to say is one thing!

I hope from all of you lucky guys who interviewed in the right order and are getting classes now at least one of you guys takes a lap top with you or something, and monday night you come back and tell us all hopefulls from the pool the skinny.....;)

and then each friday, or some like that.....

Pls, Pls, Pls, Pls, Pls, Pls..................

you know we live on the info from this forum, and any and I mean, ANY info would be greatly appreciated, wether it is How to open the main door to the building 101, or possible future classes.

At any rate, good luck, have fun, and enjoy for all of Us.

I WILL have my lap top and promise to keep posting updates when I get more info. I swam for 5 mo's in this pool, so I feel your pain. But, I will keep you updated...no worries.

Hey guys, I have been following this post for sometime and hoping that my time would come. Sharon called me on the 15th, finally, for a class on the 26th. I interviewed on March 5th and have been waiting for the call. I know that it is frustrating but hang there. From everything that I have heard it is well worth the wait!!:)

If you are in the pool at Comair be patient. Your turn will come. Just to put things into a little perspective I interviewed May 2, 2000. Notified I was hired on May 4, 2000 and I started class Jan 24, 2001. That's within about a week of an eight month wait. This was pre-strike and pre-9/11. A 3 - 6 month wait in the pool at a decent airline is about the norm. Relax. We're still growing. Planes are still coming. You'll be here sooner than you think. If I hear anything specific about new classes I'll chime in along with Anaconda and some of the others.

I'll chime in with my Comair pool story...

Hired back in Jan 2001, told to expect a SIX-MONTH wait...

One week notice of a class to start on Mar 30th...

TERMINATED two weeks later, told I would be considered for future employment...

Hired back on whatever day they signed the contract (Jun 22?)...

You know the rest...

It was worth the wait, they WILL call!

Latest resources

Back