• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair Classes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Was wondering if anyone knows anybody who has been called to go to the august 19th or 26th new hire class and when they interviewed. I have a friend who interviewed FEB. 21st (who is currently flying for a 121 regional) and was called for the august. 19th class. Also when comair was interviewing back in Jan. Feb. March. Apr. May. June. did they interview every other week ? From what i remember they where interveiwing pilots every other week, then on tues, weds, thrusdays 15-20 pilots per day for a total of 50-60 pilots per two weeks and a total of 100-120 pilots per month. Thanks

Last edited:
Interviewed May 21. Obviously haven't been called yet. From what I remember, they interviewed about 8-10 people - we had a group of 9, I think. And five were hired 6 or 7. Figure that makes about 36 - 40 per month. And from what I understand, April they didn't interview as many.

Any idea on whether the increase in LGA can be covered with what they have now or will they finally have to increase the numbers of people in class?

Looking for any rays of sunshine to light my path.

Aug 26

I interviewed on Feb 21 and finally got the call today for the Aug. 26 class. Just wanted to let you guys know. Hopefully things will speed up next month!!!

A couple questions....

1) Can anyone confirm that they only interviewed in March from the 5th-7th and the 19th-21st?

2) What is the likelyhood of a September newhire class, especially with the announcement of the LGA flying...

Starting November 1st, Comair will be taking over either all or a substantial amount of the LGA flying previously performed by ACA. ACA will be transferring more DoJet's to CVG and increase their flying through that hub.

LGA

I just non-revved on an ACJet from BOS to YUL and they said they're pulling out completely from LGA. They'll run the short-hauls out of CVG, I guess the ones being covered now or soon by ASA ATRs. Maybe the pax rioted when the "all jet hub" wasn't!

Also, heard a rumor around the Academy that new hire interviews are ramping up...supposedly almost double what they are now. Hmmm, wonder if this is because of the LGA ops and ramping up for DFW, too?

I didn't know they were running an Aug 26 class. Anyone know how many in there?

Swimmin' in blustery Montreal this weekend.

By some act of God, I was called for an alternate slot in the Aug 19th class just this morning. The Aug 26th class is still on and hopefully things will pick up with the added LGA flying.

See you all in class!

Hey PositiveRate

The question everyone wants to know. When did you interview?
Hopefully, it is getting closer and closer to the May 21 timeframe.

The last time I talked to Sharon, she said the first two classes in August were postponed. Sounds like they - or at least one of them - are in fact, on.

Hopefully, things will start to move a lot faster now.

Good luck - hopefully, your alternate status will change to actual.

Latest resources

Back