• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair Classes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah, you're probably right at the top of the pool. Remember, a couple of things....they take the Comair Aviation Academy guys from a separate pool (usually ~2/class)...then they try to vary the experience of the rest of the guys in the class, i.e. a couple 121, some 135, some military, etc. This could work in your favor or against you.

In my class there are 3 121 guys, 1 135 guy, and 2 CAA instructors....not sure what the breakdown is for the Aug 26th class, but it's probably similar.

My advise would be to call often and also make sure you're on the alternate list if that's something you can support.

I spoke with Sharon Jones today. She basically stressed that they would call me once they knew my class date but said that I probably woud be in an October class (march 6 interview). She gets 2 1/2 weeks notice of upcoming classes. I will plan for October and call them back in another 2 months if I don't hear from them.

Good luck to all !!

Not too much new out here. I know they are running september classes, but i think they're all internal (E120 guys). Supposedly classes are cranking back up in October and beyond. As soon as i hear anything solid, i'll let you know.

PR

Well, hmmm, things keep getting more interesting all the time! I just non-revved back to MCO this morning and sat next to my old CFI who just went back through his 6-month LOFT and he said that he saw that there were two new hire classes planned for Sep. I told him I thought Sep was reserved for EM2 guys, but he said most all of 'em have already been through the training.

In another twist...evidently CHQ is way behind in getting their 135s, and have pushed their MCO takeover date waaay back, so Comair will be making all the MCO runs in the CRJ. Even EYW, which will be strictly the captain's landing, and takeoff with increased turn around times for brake cooling.

The first ASA ATR began ops at CVG Concourse C this morning, too.

Lately, Comair interviews have been the killing fields for CAA CFIs, unofficially, our hire rate over the past 9 months is hanging around 60% or so. I just found out tonight that two good friends of mine who are outstanding CFIs, great pass rates, solid backgrounds, didn't get hired. It's really got a lot of people spooked down here, and it's been quite disconcerting! It just $ucks!

Pool's getting to flood stage!

I think it is very odd that Comair has not sent out letters or any type or corresponsdence to those of us in the pool. I have been in for 6 months and have not received ANY information - other than received from this website. Don't you feel that a letter once a month or a postcard would be a good practice for the PR department. Considering we are going to work for them and try to make them money! I believe this would make a good practice.

What I cannot understand is why ASA can give out advance notice on classes, yet Comair waits until almost a week out before they notify anyone.

I agree they should send out some type of information to keep everyone in the loop, but I am sure that is not a top priority.

Oh well, I am taking myself out of the pool after 6 months of swimming. I am going to a Fortune 100 operator and leave later this month for my Challenger type rating.

Good Luck to all.

They did send out letters

I received a letter from them several months ago stating there would be a delay in classes due to the Bombardier strike. I thought it was considerate of them.

Sure they sent out letters, I think it was in May. But what's the deal now. You call up and sure, they are pleasant to speak with, but you don't get any substantial information.

I wouldn't expect the policy to change either for one simple reason, the state of the industry. They know that for many in the pool, this may be their only option, and know you are pretty much staying put. If they tried this over a year ago they would be left holding an empty bag.

Like I said earlier, it isn't a priority of theirs to keep poolies well informed nor should it be, but a little sliver of info periodically wouldn't hurt either.

Latest resources

Back