• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair Classes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well, we had the pilot & spousal day yesterday and we were told by the higher ups that they plan to receive 32 airplanes in 2003 and up to 6 more this year (5.5 crews per airplane)
3 classes in November (11. 18. & 25), probably 3 classes in December and then 30 people a month until April 2003(again, these numbers are for planning purposes only and could already have changed by today) We heard today that due to the classrooms being so full, that they might actually start having classes on weekends! The systems classes are already running an early and a late shift.
Hopefully this means that the pool will clear out quick and waiting times should decrease.

Comair class

Thanks cargorat!!

It's been quiet so any news is a breath of life for us still swimming in the pool! How far into training was the spouse day? Did Comair fly your spouse in, or was it just for those spouses currently living in Cincy? Had to ask! Anybody get a call for the Nov 25th class yet?:rolleyes:

Well, I was offered the 18th of Nov, but....yes I know this sucks, but I had to take the 25th of nov due to being TDY for the AF Reserves.....so, right now it seems she's working on both dates. When I did talk to her last week, she said she was on vacation this week, but there is another person filling in, so I would imagine that he's calling also.....It's looking real good for all of us swimming........I'm pretty psyched at this point, I can't wait to get into training, I've tried to find out anything that I should watch out for, but honestly I keep hearing positive things......I can't wait, and I think that most people will feel the same way....see everyone in Cincinnati..........

Spouse Day

On Tuesday, week 2 of training...just after taking the Indoc test, they feed you lunch and take the afternoon to talk to you about the company, your life in training, and on reserve, and then tour you around the facilities. You can bring a spouse, companion, or parents to this event held in the General Offices building. They travel non-rev on an S3 priority...like other non-revs...just no seniority. It's a pretty good deal and the info is good.

My class is 1/2 way through systems right now. Sometimes we get too bogged down by "what if...," and "why's that so..." questions and fall a bit behind; don't fall into that trap! Just relax and let it flow. They'll teach you what you need to know to pass the tests and checkrides just fine! We're on a 1600-2400 M-F schedule for systems. I'm a late-nighter and it works out just fine for me!

See y'all up here soon!

Been gone from here for awhile. No computer and then no way to hook up to a modem. Back on but will be sparce.

Start systems tomorrow. The people here bend over backwards to make you welcome - this is truly a class act! Things are happening and lots of people are coming on in the future - they are saying about 300+ in the next twelve months. That could change and probably will but this is still a great company.

The spouse deal is really good for your significant other to come to if at all possible. They will space-a him or her out here for it. My wife really enjoyed it.

Expect to see you in class soon.

Tri-holer,

Welcome aboard. I agree in full with your sentiments. Comair was worth the long swim in the pool.

For all those on their way here, it's true, the people in the training department will do everything they can to get you through. If you study and show them you want to be here, you'll pass no problem.

PR

Serralta!!!! Read your post and then see if you know what you're asking?

Got the call for the 25th of November class. June interview. See you in CVG.

Happy Birthday Devil Dogs!!!!:cool::cool: :cool:

Last edited:
Okay, I'll go out on a limb and say I think he is asking what the chances are of him getting a December start date this year. With a July 23 interview date, I would say pretty slim since November classes were going to March interviewees. I'd say sometime early next year would be more likely. (Plenty of free time to enroll in a remedial English course.)

Latest resources

Back