Comair Classes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We will start serving SLC in Jan.

Our Hotel Coordinater has been spending a lot of time on the West coast lately looking at layover accomodations for us. I will bet you we will have a very strong presence out west within a couple of years.

Dec 2 class?

Anyone else get a call for the Dec 2nd class? I received a call 1 1/2 weeks ago, accepted the Dec 2 class, but no information packet from Fed Ex yet? Getting to be just a week out and just a little nervous that I may have missed something.

thanks all for the reply.

Classes coming soon

Hey all. I was in the group of folks interviewed on Nov 20. Comair's chief pilot walked in the room about 9 am, introduced himself to all, and did confirm that non-stop from Cinncinatti to SLC is happening. Also:

-- Comair will have 4 of the 70-seaters by year's end and 20 by the end of 2003
-- Dallas as a domicile could happen by Summer '03, although anything could happen (i.e., DFW, LAX, etc)
-- Nov hires should expect classes in NLT 3 months, but probably 6 weeks. Sharon added that it could be days if the slot opens up. She added that hires would be offered dates no more than twice. If the hire still can't do it, he/she must start the whole process from scratch

Comair interviewed 20 each day, from Nov 19-21. My group was a mix of military and civilian pilots, from all age groups. I was told to expect my letter in 7-10 days. I think it all went well for me. Hopefully the good news will get here before Thanksgiving :)

BTW, there is NO longer an ATP 50 question test at the interview (only the COG, Personality and interview).

Extender

The latest, latest on the 70 is 9 by the first of the year. Good luck everyone! One of you had attempted to get in touch with me recently. I was very busy, if you still have my number, try again.

They also accelerated the 50 seater deliverys for the first quarter. Get in as soon as you can. I started 8 years ago, and it seems like yesterday. I have over 1100 junior to me now. It is a good company, and our contract was a huge step forward.

When you get here, eat, sleep, and drink the airplane while you are in training. I instruct part time, and I have seen pilots wash out, and ever time it was because they were not doing everything they should to get through the program.

If you have the right attitude, and do every thing we ask of you, the instructor will see this and the company will work with you to get you thru any bumps in the road you may encounter.

Got the letter in mid August. I was on the "short call" list however I am not sure if that made a difference. With no "hardcopy" or confirmation other than the phone call, I assume I am in the Dec 2 class.

Does anyone know if the policy still stands about housing? They put you up for the first week in a hotel and then you are on your own to find a crash pad? If so, doesn't that seem odd? Comair is, as I think most would agree, one of the top 3 or 5 regional carriers and they don't put their new hires up? A lot easier to study in a room by yourself than a crash pad with beer, friends, movies, play station, etc....opps, did I say beer??

FYI ALL majors put their new hires up as well as Skywest, Mesaba, Air Wisconsin, Eagle, and EVEN GREAT LAKES (although you have to share a room) put their new hires up!!! Probably more, but I cannot personally confirm.

I am not complaining (thankful to have a job) but just finding it odd....that is all.

Everyone have a happy Turkey Day!!!!!

the call

good to hear everythings rolling along nicely there.

questions tho.

how long after the initial call should i expect an interview to be scheduled?

<got a call on the machine friday, they "wanted to talk to you about possibley getting you in here for an interview" im returning it monday>

also, just what will the ask me on the phone?

thanks

GEARDOWN,

Your not even hired yet, and your already complaining!

You will fit in fine! haha!

Just read the list of new hires that were in the Nov. 11th class, and the junior one, 12th on the list, got assigned the 70 seater. Just a little FYI.

GEARDOWN,

I was only kidding!! Sorry you took it wrong. Without facial expressions and tone it is sometimes hard to see intent.

My best friend had to pay for his own lodgeing as a Delta new hire three years ago.

AFELLOWAVIATIOR
Just read the list of new hires that were in the Nov. 11th class, and the junior one, 12th on the list, got assigned the 70 seater.

A couple guys in my class (senior to the one in question) were wondering about that! They bid the 70 right off the bat when bid production had us fill out our standing bid. I thought no one was eligible to be JM'd until completion of IOE since there's no initial 70 class. Am I mistaken? Are they that desparate that they're taking whole classes or something?

The 70 looks like a cool plane to fly, but I want the variety of the 50's destinations and I actually want to fly instead of sit on reserve forever!

Latest resources

Back