• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair Classes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
As a new hire on the 70 seater, it won't be too bad. You will only be on reserve for about 16 or 17 years.

I am not sure how that works with the 70. As far as reserve goes, that is a good question. I would think you would be on reserve for a year any way, so the pay the first year would be the same. Destinations will be growing almost monthly, so that really would not be as much as a factor.
And you can bid out after a year.If I got the 70 seater as a new hire, I don't think I would be that concerned. On a side note, you have double the chance of getting a hot flight attendant, ....or would that be double the chance to get godzilla? You decide.

I just thought of something. I changed my mind. I would want the 50 seater as a new hire. We have cd lines in the 50 seater, and junior reserves can usually get some of them. All that I talk to like it much more than sitting RS.

AFELLOWAVIATOR

I understand with the online stuff and no facial expressions.....no hard feelings I hope?? I am very much looking forward to getting back in the "window seat"

Re: 70 seater......Don't you think, that if they continue to put new hires in the 70 seater one has a chance of getting off reserve fairly soon? Or do you think it is just a temporary thing until more people move over from the 50 seater hence you will always be on the bottom?

Gear down,

It is a hard call. I could easily hold a Captain seat in it, but even with a 9.00 an hour raise, I would only get 75 hours reserve pay, so it would be a pay cut. The last captain bid went all the way to #956, and he is an F.O.!
HE will be on reserve until he bids out in three years, bad move in my opinion.

Remember, we are only scheduled to get 27 of them so far, so until 27 are on the property, it is anyones guess.

Last edited:
u fly for comair? read our contract. section 23 paragraph O-11... im going from cl65-fo to rj70 capt... its a one year freeze.. ifim going to sit reserve in either plane i might as well be making 70 bucks an hour.. when ican hold a line inthe 50.. about a year.. ill bid 50 seat capt.. and have a 3 year freeze

I can't speak for the Comair contract, but ASA's contract gives the company the option to allow a CRJ700 CA to bid back to CRJ200 CA. I'm guessing the company wouldn't be very willing to do that, so be careful. You might get stuck on the 700 for ever.

I was over at the General Offices today and saw the latest tenative new hire class schedule. One more class in December and one each week in January. Nominally 12 people per class...

This is a recent change, that can of course, change again ;)

Good luck

New Hire schedule

I've got a buddy who was hired a few days ago from the Nov 21 interview. When might he expect to begin a class? He's being told about 3 months from the interview date.

Extender,

All I got to see was the proposed schedule on a desk calendar. I don't have insight or access to the hiring pool or time to class info. I was just over at the G.O. to take care of some personal admin items.

Sorry I couldn't help more. Rumor has it that things will be moving along smartly, but how that will translate into your friends' class date is known only to a select few in training scheduling, and they ain't talking.

Latest resources

Back