Comair Classes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Quick note

Made it to class.....barely. After the truck sat in the shop for a week, they released it Sat morning. Loaded and left Orlando 8PM Sat nite, only to have the contents of the oil pan dump in 50 miles. Luckily we were just about to a turnpike gas station island. I filled the pan and took 5 qts to spare and limped back to Orlando. Tried non-revving, but EVERYTHING out of FL to darn near everywhere else was "Not Recommended" Sunday. So, in desparation, I transferred all my stuff to my sister's "mystery machine" diesel van and made the nearly 900 mile trip all on Sunday. Nothing like cutting it sooooo close. Tri-Holer, you were a RCH from getting my slot!

Training's going great! 12 of us in the class, 6 more next monday, and Sharon mentioned she's trying to fill two classes in Nov. The scheduling gang told us there were lots of a/c on order and that there would be plenty of hiring going on for some time. 1st 70 to begin revenue service Nov 1. I think 28 or so firm orders for the 70. Likely to stay in CVG, too.

That's it for now; me, sideseal, or some of the others will chime in as we hear more news. Looks like things are definately looking up! Hang in there, folks!

Hovernut

Glad to hear you made it. I would have hated to take your slot - would have done it in a heartbeat, but I would have hated it. Know what I mean?

As it turns out, didn't need your slot. Sharon gave me one of my own in the Oct 28th class.

From the sounds of this board, the classes are emptying the pool a little faster than expected. Especially since they were supposedly scheduling interviews at the DCA Air,Inc job fair. To those doing the dogpaddle, I'm guessing we will see you in class soon - probably less than the 5+ month wait that I had.

Come on in, love to see seniority numbers under me.

Congrats Ken!!!

Good to see another one of us getting going.

The CRJ seems to be a cool little plane. I'm just waiting on IOE.

Good luck!!

Hovernut

Hovernut
I'm Glad that you did make it up there in time.
I'll be in the class on the 28th. with Tri-holer (him and I worked at the same company before) and plan to leave SFB on Saturday morning to drive up.
How long did it take you to get there (I looked at different map programs and I have gotten driving times from 12 hours all the way to 17.5 hours for the 930 or so miles). Also did you take I-75 or I-95 (to avoid going thru Atlanta)
Let me know if there is somebody else in the 28th. class coming from the SFB area.
I'll see you in CVG in a couple of days

Hey guys,

Congrats to all who've gotten class dates! Sorry i dropped off the face of the world there for a couple weeks. Sim training required my full attention, but it's all done, checkride's passed and life is good. I can assure you, hands down, that Comair will knock your socks off. This is an incredible airline and the training department makes it their purpose in life to help you through. Study hard when you get here and minimize distractions (the womenly kind in particular) and you'll dow great in training.

Welcome aboard...

Only new news I've heard lately is that interviews have either stopped or will stop shortly so that they can catch up on the pool. I think there's about 150 or so waiting for class. The plan is to bring all of those people to CVG in a timely manner from here on out. Comair is growing and your timing is very good!

PR

Tri-Holer, great to hear you're in next week's class! There are a couple Eagle guys in my class who interviewed in March. Your friend who was early May as a last minute call-up, and an Army CWO who interviewed and was hired last year, but got stop-lossed. He got out on term leave Sun night and was in class Mon morn. Great treatment by Comair to keep him at the head of the line!

The technical training center is so full of new-hires and transitioning EMB folks, we're having to play musical classrooms. And best of all, the coffee is FREEEEEEE!!!!

KOOL!!

KOOL< it all sounds like fun!!

Positiverate, congrats on checkride.

Hovernut, good thing you made it, how long was the drive from SFB?

Have fun guys and C Ya in CVG

Rich!:rolleyes:

Latest resources

Back