Colgans future

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Godfather said:
Nice Typo there Tommy Boy! Be like Trump and get fired before you get hired...nice real nice.

BTW, Got it from a confirmed source that Colgan will be taking over the Shuttle America routes starting in the fall with 10 more Saabs-all B models from Eagle. None of the SA A's as previously rumored. Thank God! With A HUGE IAD CREW BASE!!! Texas is NOT SHUTTING DOWN as previously rumored and we aren't losing any UslessAir flying either. Hiring to resume at 20 per month indefinitely.

That's the latest from Rumor Control.

Hey Godfather,
What's the long term plan with IAH and IAD as crew bases? Are they eventually going to stick everyone at the outstations, or start doing overnights? Can't imagine they can continue leaving the aircraft overnight at the hubs...

they dont leave them at hubs. they are doing standups. so there is an early morning flight out of the out stations.

I heard you guys don't get per diem on the stand ups.... Did the Colgans say that because you're only on duty 15 hours and 59 minutes, just like the rest of the company, that you don't deserve it??

How many legs do you do before or after the stand up??

For better or for worse, at what point do the Teamsters or ALPA decide that the Colgan pilot group is large enough to organize? We will certainly be 500 by years end.

If alpa organizes us, they will dissolve the company cuz it won't be as profitable and they will not have as much control

You were big enough for the teamsters when you had less than 200 pilots.... No one had enough balls to make it happen.

I'm sure you could get ALPA or Teamsters on the property rather easily these days... It just takes a phone call and a neck that is willing to stick out.

If alpa organizes us, they will dissolve the company cuz it won't be as profitable and they will not have as much control

This is the stupid ass kool aid the company wants you to believe. Time to get your head of your ass and start thinking about things realistically.

The Colgan family CAN NOT dissolve the company. They have signed contracts with both US AIR and CO they have to fulfull. They have lease payments they have to make... They can't simply dissolve the company because they don't want a union on the property.

The Colgans want you to believe they will sell the company or close it down... Make them sell the company!! The best thing that could ever happen to you guys is them selling the place.

Amen!!!!

chperplt said:
This is the stupid ass kool aid the company wants you to believe. Time to get your head of your ass and start thinking about things realistically.

The Colgan family CAN NOT dissolve the company. They have signed contracts with both US AIR and CO they have to fulfull. They have lease payments they have to make... They can't simply dissolve the company because they don't want a union on the property.

The Colgans want you to believe they will sell the company or close it down... Make them sell the company!! The best thing that could ever happen to you guys is them selling the place.

Couldn't have said it better....Bet yer bottom dollar that you'll see stand up overnights out of IAD and outbasing too. It's the Colgan way ya know. Don't pay us perdiem but beg and plead us to work on OUR days off to cover their a$$es thanks to the lack of crews we now have. Always leave it to the crews to save the day but don't give us compensation for our sacrifice. Puppy Chow, are ya listening? I'm still waiting on your return call.

chper...2 year anniversary's comin up...any thoughts for a get together at the Cape to remember Scott and Steve?

Last edited:
suupah said:
they dont leave them at hubs. they are doing standups. so there is an early morning flight out of the out stations.

I just looked at the August pairings for IAH. It looks like there are only a few standups, and quite a lot of actual overnights (just like a REAL airline). Does it all change once the awards come out?

I'm still in the Beech, but barring a painful QOL, I would probably bid for IAD if and when it happens.

Latest resources

Back