• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Colgan - Teamsters NMB Vote

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This is bull ******************** from the teamsters if you ask me. Lets not campaign with Colgan this time, AT ALL, and then when ALPA pays for the voting system to be up and running and the vote is a go per the NMB, we will swoop in and spread negative press about ALPA and try to get some people to vote for us. So they have spent nothing, are using ALPA funds who paid for the ballotpoint thing(at least I think ALPA is paying for it) and say, oh just write us in. ********************ing great, you think a union that is going to do this is going to represent you fairly, good luck.

Coming from a guy whose "dream job" was at a non-ALPA airline.

Oh, and not to mention the same guy who paid an Eastern Airlines scab for his first job.
It's OK...nobody takes PCL seriously

Vote for IBT if that is what you want. but no matter how you feel it is important that you VOTE!!!

Playinski wrote-

Quote.
My position on the union has changed. From being for it to against it. I don't plan on being here at colgan for my then a couple more years like most of us. Hell if Alpa is unable to negotiate a contract with pinnacle mgmt then how are they going to get us a contract. It would be one thing if it was the old family owned colgan air. but its not, it is pinnacle the same company that has denied a new contract for over two years. So it boils down to this, who wants to pay 2% for then next few years for no improvement. By the time colgan gets a contract we will be gone, so let the future colgan pilots go through the same crap they we go through now both good and bad. All the regionals suck and are under paid. Wages will increase with demand, just like anything else. With fewer pilots and an increasing demand we will have a choice, its a fact. So I say no to the union and will not be voting next month. End Quote.

What a tool. And with an attitude like that, you have NO credibility anyway.

Playinski wrote-

Quote.
Hell if Alpa is unable to negotiate a contract with pinnacle mgmt then how are they going to get us a contract. It would be one thing if it was the old family owned colgan air. but its not, it is pinnacle the same company that has denied a new contract for over two years. So it boils down to this, who wants to pay 2% for then next few years for no improvement. By the time colgan gets a contract we will be gone, so let the future colgan pilots go through the same crap they we go through now both good and bad.

End Quote.

If Colgan pilots unionized they immediately go into status quo until CBA is ratified. That means that Colgan can no longer change work rules or pay whenever they feel like it. Whatever terms of employement existed, exist without change until you get a contract.

I think that if you want to write in Teamsters, fine, do it. But before you do, think of this.

The ALPA drive started weeks AFTER the Teamster drive. ALPA filed with the NMB with 70% of the pilot group submitting cards before the Teamsters could even get 35% (the minimum required to hold an election). That is why the Teamsters are not on the ballot and I feel a good indication of the quality of representation one would see between ALPA and Teamsters.

ALPA is a much more organized, professional union than the Teamsters. The Colgan Organizing drive just proved it.

Latest resources

Back