Colgan Hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
beechcowboy said:
Correction, if your almighty goal in life is AIRTRAN, North American, Citation Shares, then the 1900 PIC will be of future assistance. BUT realistically, I have talked to the head recruiters at America West, Southwest, Continental, etc. and asked them all the very same question... If I were to walk my resume in your door a year from now, and an RJ capt. were to walk his in the door at the same time, who would be the most attractive to you. ANSWER: RJ WHY you ask???

Too many reasons to list. If you know somebody, it might be a little different. Let's just be really honest with ourselves. Continental is starting to hire a little, if they get 1000 apps for their positions, and only need to fill 500 positions, AND 200 of those apps are B1900 pilots w/ 1000 or more PIC, AND all other apps are jet PICs, how many B1900 guys do you honestly think are getting hired? .

I think that you would be suprised how many of those 1900 guys would get jobs. Those guys actually know how to FLY an airplane.

T-REX said:
umm...yeah a King Air.

Don't be a tool! No auto-anything, try that 8-legs in the NE in winter, then talk trash. No, I shouldn't have said tool, just a FOOL!!! And yes, the people that hire know that!

beechcowboy said:
Correction, if your almighty goal in life is AIRTRAN, North American, Citation Shares, then the 1900 PIC will be of future assistance. BUT realistically, I have talked to the head recruiters at America West, Southwest, Continental, etc. and asked them all the very same question... If I were to walk my resume in your door a year from now, and an RJ capt. were to walk his in the door at the same time, who would be the most attractive to you. ANSWER: RJ WHY you ask???

Too many reasons to list. If you know somebody, it might be a little different. Let's just be really honest with ourselves. Continental is starting to hire a little, if they get 1000 apps for their positions, and only need to fill 500 positions, AND 200 of those apps are B1900 pilots w/ 1000 or more PIC, AND all other apps are jet PICs, how many B1900 guys do you honestly think are getting hired? Be honest and remember, it is post 9/11. That being said, congrats to those of you who have stepped to the next level. Personally, I don't wish to go to Airtran, but if it was your goal to go there, then the means has justified the end, and you have reason to be happy.

All other things being equal, I've gotta go change my diaper and get my pacifier. C'mon now guys, disgruntled and disappointed in the way myself and fellow crews are treated does not make me a baby, as you previously mentioned. AND, you are right, grass ain't always greener, especially at Eagle, but faded green is better than brown. Its all in what you are looking for, one person's trash is another's treasure.

No, the almighty goal was not AirTran, I wanted Delta, United, American, in that order. But you know what, at some day you've got to realize what is the best option for you!

If you think you're too good for AirTran, fine, just don't portray that attitude when you end up interviewing w/ them. Of course you could do the 7-8000$ type on the 73 and hope your interview in a couple of years w/SWA goes well. Trust me that is no guarantee, I know 3 people from the military that have done that, and didn't fare well in the interview.

Wake up and smell the roses (oh, the ones at my new house thanks to my AirTran pay smell great right now), If you think you're going to one of the majors (oh, and I believe we are one now), I hope you're right. I know the cyclical pattern that the industry has gone through for many years, unfortunately, 9/11 altered the cycle, somewhat. If you have the patience to hold out for the legacy carriers, best of luck. They may start hiring, but my bet is they all will be furloughees. I did the pain of CJC for 4 years, and you know what? I've already, in 10 months, got 300 people below me here. Most likely, in 2 years I'm going to be making six figures -- explain to me what is wrong here?

You RJ boys that try to put the prop guys down are the biggest Dorks ... you'd think after sophmore or junior year in high school you'd realize that putting others down to make yourself feel better shows just how retarted you are ... You know what I do when I see a CapeAir guy in his 402 around, I go up to them and say hi and give them some respect ... All of you sitting in your RJs thinking you're bigshots ain't kiddin nobody .... you're just a pawn in the big game like the rest of us, except you go around thinking you're all high and mighty because you fly a jet ... big f'ing deal, so what, what the h3ll makes you feel so mighty about yourselves ? Is it the fact that you can be a big boy airline pilot pushing buttons ..... or that you have a coffee maker in the plane ? You know what I respect a whole lot more .... those guys in their 402's hand flying 8-10 approaches down to mins all day between Hyannis and Boston ... that's something to be respected ... not your f'ing FMS or PFDs or GPUs ...

in summary, to all those RJ boys that think you're better than us, wake up and realize that you're making fools of yourselves ... retards !

TheBigH said:
You RJ boys that try to put the prop guys down are the biggest Dorks ... you'd think after sophmore or junior year in high school you'd realize that putting others down to make yourself feel better shows just how retarted you are ... You know what I do when I see a CapeAir guy in his 402 around, I go up to them and say hi and give them some respect ... All of you sitting in your RJs thinking you're bigshots ain't kiddin nobody .... you're just a pawn in the big game like the rest of us, except you go around thinking you're all high and mighty because you fly a jet ... big f'ing deal, so what, what the h3ll makes you feel so mighty about yourselves ? Is it the fact that you can be a big boy airline pilot pushing buttons ..... or that you have a coffee maker in the plane ? You know what I respect a whole lot more .... those guys in their 402's hand flying 8-10 approaches down to mins all day between Hyannis and Boston ... that's something to be respected ... not your f'ing FMS or PFDs or GPUs ...

in summary, to all those RJ boys that think you're better than us, wake up and realize that you're making fools of yourselves ... retards !

What he said.

Big H

What you say is correct, but other than T-Rex (who doesn't appear to be an RJ driver), who (RJ drivers) thinks they are better than you (t-prop drivers)?

Bottom line, it's all about the Benjamins -- where you can make 'em, where you can make more of 'em, and hopefully enjoy the ride.

Chill out! I fly a turboprop too..I just want these guys to realize that getting a good job with 1000 turboprop is possible, but in no way a guarantee. RJs will outnumber mainline jets someday and although the T-Prop guys may have better stick and rudder skills, the guys with the FMS, EFIS, Jet Experience will probably get the job.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back