• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ailerongirl said:
Good: Not ever going there
Bad: Being there
Ugly: They kill you because they can't maintain their aircraft....

*shrug* your call....

Ugly: The mechanics in IAH forgot to install an o'ring on the starter/gen and by the time they got to sjt they were out of oil. (yes they WILL kill you)

There is nothing worse than your company web site having spelling errors all over it.

What about all the bid packets and memos? Dot is a great lady but writes, spells, and talks like a 15 year old from the back woods...

It's no wonder only 2 in the entire family went to college.

MELIT said:
Ugly: The mechanics in IAH forgot to install an o'ring on the starter/gen and by the time they got to sjt they were out of oil. (yes they WILL kill you)

No excuse for such a mistake. Didn't they learn from Hyannis? I mean, what more of a message can you send than having 2 dead pilots. It is a real shame. I hope those guys can live with themselves if the worst should happen. On the other hand, I hope it doesn't happen.

BRA said:
What's the matter beechcowboy? Did somebody still your boots or scoal or something? Go to work, backup down a runway 2000 feet in reverse and get back in the game!

That's what I'm talking about ....

Still amazes me how many people stick around here that hate this place ....

OFF my negative streak, the beechcowboy will ride again. Anybody here the conference this morning. Evidently Colgan has not paid several people their perdiems and o/g pays. What's up with that?

Revised revision of the pay memo, you gotta read the fine print... it actually says we will pay Colgan a 75 hour guarantee per month to fly their airplanes. Thank gosh they never instituted a duty rig for 1/2 duty time pay or we would be really hosed. I don't think my wife makes enough to pay for 1/2 my duty time at Colgan.

But seriously, the cowboy is saddlin' up for a weekend ride through Appalachia. YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

the best piece of advice I ever heard was don't subsidise any airline, be it Colgan, a fabulous RJ operator, JB or so on with YOUR ticket. If its not right don't do it.

the second is if you don't want to pick up the extra day, don't answer your phone and don't call back on the message.

Go with whomever rocks your canoe.
Listen to these guys, every place has its cons and
pros, even my own company. I am happy to be here,
and is not much the company, but the gr8 guys you
meet along the way, and all you learn in and out from
them.

These one goes out to you regional guys!! you battle
the flames for whatever reason you got into this industry,
for me... I still do it for the love of flight.

Take care.

Latest resources

Back