Colgan Hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

jetdok

Have a interview with Colgan coming up. Anyone have any info on how the interview goes? Where are new hires placed?

jetdok said:
So whats the good the bad and ugly of colgan

Saab 340s, Beech 1900, No Union

jetdok said:
Have a interview with Colgan coming up. Anyone have any info on how the interview goes? Where are new hires placed?

I know it's crazy in this board these days, but I'll actually reply with an answer to your question ...

Four parts to it, Simulator Evaluation in a full motion Beech 1900 sim, pretty much takeoff, vectors, hold, ILS, landing.
Other part is HR interview with one of the people near the top, just basics about your experiences, what you've flown, some tech stuff. Third part is a 20 question or so ATP written, just Domestic 121, regs, some weather TAF/METAR stuff basically. Last part, sign on the dotted line and you're theirs for a year (it does go by pretty fast) ...

Lastly, if you're gonna come here have a good attitude and be willing to take some abuse, it's not like you won't get abused elsewhere ....

Check aviationinterviews.com for specifics. It is pretty much on the money. THE BIG H is right, be ready for some abuse. If you are looking to get in the ball game with few other options, then consider coming here. If you have other options, I highly recommend entertaining them first. The upgrades may be quick in the beech, but where are you planning on going with your beech PIC??? It has not done me any good yet. Frankly, make quality of life your top priority. Expect a certain amount of abuse at any regional, but you will likely experience more at Colgan. Long duty, low times at several bases. Heard Beckley is getting rid of their Columbus run, Altoona soon will service only Dulles, and Shenandoah now only serves Dulles. Syracuse is OK, Augusta has decent flying, but crappy place to live. Bar Harbor... need I say more. White Plains used to have decent flying but is too expensive of a base. Commuting is awful here b/c of base structure. In general, Beech schedules are the pits, and maintenance is worse than I've ever seen it. Saab is better, but I'm not there yet, so I cannot speak from experience. Ask me in a few months. Several of my past FOs have left for the likes of Chautauqua, Express Jet, and ASA. All have been very happy and say there is no comparison. But I will reiterate, if you have very few other options, by all means, come here, get some experience and then make the big move to a top quality regional. Let's face it, the majors won't be looking for a beech PIC any time soon, especially when there are gobs of ERJ/CRJ PICs floating around just chomping at the bit. Not to rain on your parade, but be honest with yourself, don't settle. If I see a QOL improvement at Colan and a cessation of the horrid maintenance problems, I will change my tune. If you do come here, you will meet a fantastic group of pilots who all deserve more respect and better treatment. Its true anywhere, but never was it so true as it is at Colgan. Here' hopin' for better.

Signed,

Disappointed

"Wait for another airline to call you, you won't be disappointed"

I want the record to show here that comment was not from a SkyWest crewmember. by the way...welcome to houston. high temp today was 90 with 90% humidity...yesssssss........

Personally I would'nt care where I got that 1000+ turbine PIC........Just as long as I get it...............I know a couple of folks at the Majors who only flew T-Props as Captains and they got the dream gigs (FedEx, UPS, Cathay, etc.....) in due time.

I can't afford to hold my breathe and say oh I can't go w/ Colgan because if I make Capt. it will only be in a Beech................Time is Time!!!!

Latest resources

Back