• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Colgan 3407 Down in Buffalo

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Av8or19....................Everything you are saying is true (I guess it is), but look Man, 20 minutes after the plane goes down, that is just not the time to start rolling on them or the crew. You know as well as I do the guys on here are going to dissect thsi crash, and we're all going to give our input and thoughts. But, as a professional courtesy, we typically wait until we hear some facts about what happened. Guy on this board have friends, sisters, brothers, etc that were on that flight, or they know someone who does have an association to a pax or crew, and by taking pot shots like you are, it's disrespectful to not only those aboard, but also to those of us who might know someone aboard. Just save it for later and I look forward to hearing your thoughts then, when the time is right.

Buffalo news says the crew reported technical problem at some point during the approach or arrival. Don't know how reliable that is; probably not at all.

The reports coming out of Buffalo is that the plane crashed after reaching the outer marker. Hate to speculate but with the weather, could it be possible after putting in final flaps and with ice building up on the airplane that the plane had a tail stall? Didn't Comair have something like this happen many years ago with a Brasilia?

Just listened to the ATC tapes. Nothing solid, but her voice seems to change the further into the approach they got.

Damn this sucks...

any Q400 pilots on here...are there any goofy
characteristics associated with the plane? not speculating, just wondering.

Just listened to the ATC tapes. Nothing solid, but her voice seems to change the further into the approach they got.

Damn this sucks...

Fox news and MSNBC are saying that witnesses report a loud pop and fire from one of the engines before crashing.

any Q400 pilots on here...are there any goofy
characteristics associated with the plane? not speculating, just wondering.

I fly the Dash 300's (Q400 is a totally different Monster) and it can hold a ton of ice. I wouldn't think that ice would've brought this plane down.

Latest resources

Back