COEX losing 69 Aircraft

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Iflyamouse said:
Someone made reference to CoEx having a good 50 seat rate. These jets that are going bye-bye, are they 37 seaters that CO is deciding aren't profitable? How does a major decide that only 69 jets aren't profitable while the others are?? Someone enlighten us on how this contract works.

The press release indicates that the planes are staying they will just be crewed by another provider. Sounds like Continental owns them and leases them to COEX and they intend to lease them now tho some cheap-A$$ provider.

Am I reading this correct?

Iflyamouse said:
How does a major decide that only 69 jets aren't profitable while the others are?? Someone enlighten us on how this contract works.

69 was just the greatest number of aircraft that could be withdrawn at this time under the contract language. If they could, they probably would've taken all of them.

taloft said:
It was inevitable. CoEx is the same carrier that furloughed 40% of its pilots within months of 9/11. Followed it up a couple years later by massive growth. Now possible furloughs again? CoEx/XJet must view employees as temp workers. Although I understand this is Continental mgmt, the end result is the same. Good luck!

We did not furlough 40% of our pilots after 911.

Spring 2004 would still have a job. If we lose all 69 aircraft thats about 690 pilots which would go back to spring of 2005 hires.

CO will obviously choose which jets they want returned as they "own" or hold the leases on all of XJT operated aircraft. They could just start another airline under "Britt" or one of the other certificates they own!

The aircraft will still be operated on CO routes. I am very sorry for the XJT pilots who lose on this deal.........perhaps it's time to reevaluate the flow thru agreement and draw some of the pilots off the seniority list at XJT!

CO intends to hire 64 per month for several months then 48 for the foreseeable future.

Airmike767 said:
CO will obviously choose which jets they want returned as they "own" or hold the leases on all of XJT operated aircraft. They could just start another airline under "Britt" or one of the other certificates they own!

The aircraft will still be operated on CO routes. I am very sorry for the XJT pilots who lose on this deal.........perhaps it's time to reevaluate the flow thru agreement and draw some of the pilots off the seniority list at XJT!

CO intends to hire 64 per month for several months then 48 for the foreseeable future.

we could only hope this could happen.

9E is gearing up to train 700 pilots in 2006. That's about the right number of pilots. Perhaps they are considering picking up this if NWA moves its flying with the RFP.

This could just be opening-round negotiating - right? We don't know if this is finalized. Sounds like hard-ball negotiating to me - bring down the rates or else...

If i'm not mistaken, XJ is the one bidding on that flying.

Latest resources

Back