Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

flyf15

Continental's website states this:

"1,000 hours fixed-wing PIC time, or 500 hours PIC time and 500 hours SIC time in a turbojet"

Does that mean they want 500 PIC turbojet and 500 SIC turbojet or 500 PIC in anything and 500 SIC turbojet? ie: Do you meet the requirements if you have no turbine PIC time?

Thanks guys

You do not need turbine PIC or turbojet time to meet the minimums. You need 1,000 hours fixed wing PIC time UNLESS you have 500 hours SIC turbojet, in which case you only need 500 hours fixed wing PIC.

Continental's website states this:

"1,000 hours fixed-wing PIC time, or 500 hours PIC time and 500 hours SIC time in a turbojet"

Does that mean they want 500 PIC turbojet and 500 SIC turbojet or 500 PIC in anything and 500 SIC turbojet? ie: Do you meet the requirements if you have no turbine PIC time?

Thanks guys

A recommendation.

Don't know how much you know about their hiring practices, but if you know much..... say I meet all the requirements but don't have anything turbine PIC or anything else too exciting, but I do have 2-3 recommendations from CO pilots. Do I stand a chance?

Don't know how much you know about their hiring practices, but if you know much..... say I meet all the requirements but don't have anything turbine PIC or anything else too exciting, but I do have 2-3 recommendations from CO pilots. Do I stand a chance?
You ALWAYS have a chance if you know the right people.
Good luck.

-Blucher

It is understandable that the hiring folks want to know more about you than just the application. That's what they they were told in HR degree classes in college.

The recommendations could be from ANY CAL employee (doesn't have to be a pilot).
Also, they will except recommendations on your behalf from people not affiliated with CAL. Anyone you worked with, flown with, college professors, high school teachers etc.
The more the better and the more variety of backgrounds and longer time of knowing you the better.

They want as complete picture of you as possible.

Seriously? They'll take 1500TT?

Of course dude...what do you think most younger type (0-3 to 0-4) fighter guys have? Around 1500 TT or so...and they realize the quality of your time when you're flying a high performance jet but only get a 1.0 per sortie. They are also looking for guys that know how to flare...

Latest resources

Back