Clarification of CO's time requirements

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Seriously? They'll take 1500TT?

Yeah it is mostly fighter guys and RJ Fo's that are in that crowd. That crowd is by far the minority. From what I have heard both groups (Fighter/RJ) eventually catch up with the jet, the dynamic CRM environment and major airline operations.

Now to actually be competitive, what do you need?

I've been told that the MAJORITY of competitive interviewees have 5-6000 hours of Turbine Time with 2-3000 hours of Turbine PIC.

There will be exceptions to the rule but they are in the MINORITY.

And that is why you hear about them; because "Did you hear so-and-so got hired and that fool didn't have any PIC time?" is a lot more emotionally imflammatory than "Did you hear that CA so-and-so got hired? I can't believe he's leaving after flying the RJ for 11 years with 9 in the left seat!" :p

I was also told that they are hiring about 80% of the guys they interview these days.

About 65%

I was told the hire ratio was down to about 65% from 80%. For what its worth. Apparently the pool is getting less qualified as more companys begin to hire. Just what I heard.

LOL!! That has got to be a joke - and a bad one at that. :laugh: Instructordude - please choke yourself with your own hand.
Haha.....that is pretty funny....2!

Yeah it is mostly fighter guys and RJ Fo's that are in that crowd. That crowd is by far the minority. From what I have heard both groups (Fighter/RJ) eventually catch up with the jet, the dynamic CRM environment and major airline operations.

Sorry, I can't resist - I've got to throw another spear at this post...especially coming from an RJ F/O that might as well be wearing size 15 floppy red shoes. Instructorde - what exactly do you mean by the "dynamic CRM" enviornment? Do you mean reading the entire Sport's section from the USA Today during a transcon from Newark to LA or do you mean listening to a fat, balding captain about his 3rd ex wife that just turned 23 and is currently living in Argentina and can't speak English? Inquiring minds want to know...especially coming from your vast experience and knowledge of CRM.

Sorry, I can't resist - I've got to throw another spear at this post...especially coming from an RJ F/O that might as well be wearing size 15 floppy red shoes. Instructorde - what exactly do you mean by the "dynamic CRM" enviornment? Do you mean reading the entire Sport's section from the USA Today during a transcon from Newark to LA or do you mean listening to a fat, balding captain about his 3rd ex wife that just turned 23 and is currently living in Argentina and can't speak English? Inquiring minds want to know...especially coming from your vast experience and knowledge of CRM.

NO NO NO

C R M

CREW RESOURCE MANAGEMENT

Like handing the CA his tray w/ his first class meal while getting your tray(with both cups of coffee on it) from the FA....THAT IS CRM

Wouldn't wanna spill that coffee

:)

You know what I mean ScrappyDoo. A lot things go on up there in the cockpit and its how you handle this stuff as a team make it CRM. It is dynamic cause stuff changes a lot. You could be landing at Kansas City on the right runway and then all of sudden tower changes you to the left and you have to change things like ILS freqs and recheck your landing data. This is the teamwork I am trying to explain to about. It's not an insult but fighter guys haven't been involved in an environement like this before. It is not like you can't learn it though. Most fighter guys overcome this weakness with their strong work ethics and get up to speed. It's not a insult though.

Instructor dude,

The ready room just got a good chuckle out of your post.

Many thanks,

Whidbey

You know what I mean ScrappyDoo. A lot things go on up there in the cockpit and its how you handle this stuff as a team make it CRM. It is dynamic cause stuff changes a lot. You could be landing at Kansas City on the right runway and then all of sudden tower changes you to the left and you have to change things like ILS freqs and recheck your landing data. This is the teamwork I am trying to explain to about. It's not an insult but fighter guys haven't been involved in an environement like this before. It is not like you can't learn it though. Most fighter guys overcome this weakness with their strong work ethics and get up to speed. It's not a insult though.

Right. I know a fighter guy (actually an A-10 guy) who had his canopy un-ass itself climbing out of FL200 while he was in a four ship.

Two of the guys on his wing did top to bottom, front to rear damage assessment while the third guy ran appropriate checklists via radio with the aircraft in trouble b/c he wasn't able to fly the airplane and run the stuff himself due to the wind. These guys used teamwork and weren't even sitting in the same cockpit together.

Landed safely sans cockpit. Seems a lot more demanding than a last second runway change. Silly military pilots who don't know what CRM is......

Latest resources

Back