• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Citationshares lets 30 go

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That must mean if they are not profitable, they are not doing their job then they don't get a bonus or raise in March and the company fails to be a viable entity to the employees, shareholders and passengers.

You are so out of touch with reality, it isn't even funny. Since you don't pay attention to current events, why don't you look at what the Big 3 hierarchy makes during their period of profitablity and being a viable entity" :rolleyes:? Moron

Now, to continue along that line of thought, as a pilot, if you fly you get paid if the company is profitable or not, because that's not your job (to make the company profitable),you still get paid.

Give me a break. Go ask Scheeringa about his golden parachute, idiot.

From your posting history, it is known that you're indeed a tool.....just not the sharpest tool in the shed.
(that's not a joke)

Last edited:
I look at the traffic numbers everyday for certain airports and compared to 2007. Obviously something is going to have to give because there has been a tremendous decline. Ironically in the study, fractional percentage has stayed the same of the declining total.
Secondly, a company is there to make a profit not to employ people. Management is not there to employ but to manage the assets of the company. Many earn their money in tough times but get paid more for the good times.
A reduction is coming at all these companies..

MASTER WARNING illuminated with the red "DOOSHBAG THREAD HIJACK" CAS message.

Checklist:

1. Ignore the idiot
2. Move on.

Checklist complete.

Jesus, that was funny!

I am truly sorry to all the CS pilots that will be effected from this. It couldn't have happened at a worse time. Good luck to all the pilots on furlough. Hopefully this economy will turn around soon...

Ok, so what you are saying (if I understand correctly) is that if management does their job and the company is profitable, they will get a bonus and a raise in March and the company continues to operate.
That must mean if they are not profitable, they are not doing their job then they don't get a bonus or raise in March and the company fails to be a viable entity to the employees, shareholders and passengers.

Now, to continue along that line of thought, as a pilot, if you fly you get paid if the company is profitable or not, because that's not your job (to make the company profitable),you still get paid.

So, if you want to get a bonus and a raise in March and you feel that you should get a chunk of that money, perhaps you should be a manager and not just a pilot. It's a different set of challenges and most pilots don't want to deal with it, (that's why they fly..shhhhh don't tell anybody) and it's just easier to moan and groan about those that are willing to take the responsibility for all of it rather than just one flight at a time.

I dont have any enemies but B19 I truly wish that you would walk out in traffic and get run over by a truck.

Guys hang in there times are real tough. Take some special time with your families and forget about the furlough for a few weeks.

I highly doubt that he is the only one on here that feels a few elder gentlemen have overstayed their welcome at their respective airline/fractional. Hell, my dad is one of em..retired airline and now frac captain. I see both sides of the argument. If you were just thrown by the wayside like so many have lately, you might understand JUNIOR's frustration. By the way, my dad is the best pilot on earth..for an old guy!

These elder pilots certainly have the right to stay as long as they wish. However, consider this aspect as well.
I recently had a conversation with a Capt. who had gone through recurrent with one of these "elder" fellows, also a Capt. he said that the guy crashed the sim three times DURING THE CHECKRIDE and still passed. Perhaps there needs to be a better balance between wanting to get guys through checkrides while at the same time, fairly evaluating their abilities to continue in their present position.
just something to chew on...

I look at the traffic numbers everyday for certain airports and compared to 2007. Obviously something is going to have to give because there has been a tremendous decline. Ironically in the study, fractional percentage has stayed the same of the declining total.
Secondly, a company is there to make a profit not to employ people. Management is not there to employ but to manage the assets of the company. Many earn their money in tough times but get paid more for the good times.
A reduction is coming at all these companies..

Way to armchair quarterback the plays as yous sees em pubyhairs. You are either a mom and pops operator thinkling you're bigtime or a union buster. Either way stick to what you know best,,,,jack schit.

I am not a kool-aide drinker, but I think we have to hand it to CS flightops managment for how they have handled a difficult situation. The furlough is being driven by higher ups, way higher than 5 American Lane. The company hired in anticipation of deliveries and they didn't happen. The company, off the record, did not want to do this, but was forced to. In light of the fact that we just went to a seniority system, they handled the reduction, just as they should have. If we had had a contract, I don't think it would have been done any differently. They have offerred some pretty generous incentives to those who may want to take an extended vacation, or retire now rather than a year from now, that might mitigate some of the job cuts. Sr. VP of Flt Ops is making the best of a terrible situation. The CS pilots are stepping up to the plate and setting up a furlough relief fund. Let's hope this is short lived and the whole industry recovers and the rich folks come back.

I am not a kool-aide drinker, but I think we have to hand it to CS flightops management for how they have handled a difficult situation. The furlough is being driven by higher ups, way higher than 5 American Lane. The company hired in anticipation of deliveries and they didn't happen. The company, off the record, did not want to do this, but was forced to. In light of the fact that we just went to a seniority system, they handled the reduction, just as they should have. If we had had a contract, I don't think it would have been done any differently. They have offered some pretty generous incentives to those who may want to take an extended vacation, or retire now rather than a year from now, that might mitigate some of the job cuts. Sr. VP of Flt Ops is making the best of a terrible situation. The CS pilots are stepping up to the plate and setting up a furlough relief fund. Let's hope this is short lived and the whole industry recovers and the rich folks come back.

When the fund is set up please post that address. I would be happy to throw some cash the way of the CS group.

Some thoughts on furloughs. I think we have seen furloughs at frac companies for anticipated deliveries. As for NJA, we have run a hiring deficit for at least 2 yrs now. Last year they only managed to hire 50% of the amount they wanted because of availability of training slots. If we were to furlough, lets remember the fact that we have 8 a/c types. Can you imagine the training costs? Can you imagine what will happen when the economy recovers?? Training, hiring, re-training would be impossible. Furloughs here are not a short term answer. As stated by Christensen and Jacobs, we have weathered 3 recessions and never furloughed. We will weather this one, we will be leaner, stronger, and provide a product that nobody else can because of our size (we must continue to work on our customer service skills though, this is no time to be complacent). We will be ready when this recession ends to become larger, stronger than we are.

If we eventually do furlough it will be for the long term, but I suspect by that time most of the smaller companies will be on the verge of extinction or extinct. By then, we will all be in trouble. Hang in there people, save your pennies and live smart.

Last edited:
I am not a kool-aide drinker, but I think we have to hand it to CS flightops managment for how they have handled a difficult situation. The furlough is being driven by higher ups, way higher than 5 American Lane. The company hired in anticipation of deliveries and they didn't happen. The company, off the record, did not want to do this, but was forced to. In light of the fact that we just went to a seniority system, they handled the reduction, just as they should have. If we had had a contract, I don't think it would have been done any differently. They have offerred some pretty generous incentives to those who may want to take an extended vacation, or retire now rather than a year from now, that might mitigate some of the job cuts. Sr. VP of Flt Ops is making the best of a terrible situation. The CS pilots are stepping up to the plate and setting up a furlough relief fund. Let's hope this is short lived and the whole industry recovers and the rich folks come back.

Tough situation for all to be sure. I'm sure that JD and SO aren't taking this lightly. They have handled it in a decent manner. The only thing I'll say about the contract issue is that if there was a contract we would know exactly what would happen if there was a furlough. We got lucky that they're doing what seems to be the right thing.

Latest resources

Back