Citationshares lets 30 go

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Glass,
I still love you , HELL I love everybody . On a serious note I wish everyone good luck thru these hard times PS I failed english multple times if it doesn"t show. LOL

I kept hearing from you frac guys that the frac business was recession proof. The rich will always spend and all that?

I'll take the fractionals any day over the airlines who furlough any time the wind blows the wrong way.

What really sucks is that these companies are still profitable. That is to say, management will still see a bonus and raise in March. Flexjet will follow suit. We will all (the pilots) be busting ass sooner, rather than later in the name of efficiancy. Not because the economy demanded it, but because we all expressed our fears that this would happen. Many of us will suffer, and the higher ups will still prosper. I hate to see anyone out of work.....Period......... This sacrifice is being made for the benifit of the powers that be. While the rest of us suffer, mark my words, management will profit. "Meet the new boss, same as the old boss."

What really sucks is that these companies are still profitable. That is to say, management will still see a bonus and raise in March. Flexjet will follow suit. We will all (the pilots) be busting ass sooner, rather than later in the name of efficiancy. Not because the economy demanded it, but because we all expressed our fears that this would happen. Many of us will suffer, and the higher ups will still prosper. I hate to see anyone out of work.....Period......... This sacrifice is being made for the benifit of the powers that be. While the rest of us suffer, mark my words, management will profit. "Meet the new boss, same as the old boss."

Ok, so what you are saying (if I understand correctly) is that if management does their job and the company is profitable, they will get a bonus and a raise in March and the company continues to operate.
That must mean if they are not profitable, they are not doing their job then they don't get a bonus or raise in March and the company fails to be a viable entity to the employees, shareholders and passengers.

Now, to continue along that line of thought, as a pilot, if you fly you get paid if the company is profitable or not, because that's not your job (to make the company profitable),you still get paid.

So, if you want to get a bonus and a raise in March and you feel that you should get a chunk of that money, perhaps you should be a manager and not just a pilot. It's a different set of challenges and most pilots don't want to deal with it, (that's why they fly..shhhhh don't tell anybody) and it's just easier to moan and groan about those that are willing to take the responsibility for all of it rather than just one flight at a time.

Ok, so what you are saying (if I understand correctly) is ....... (that's why you fly..shhhhh don't tell anybody).... and it's just easier to moan and groan ....

MASTER WARNING illuminated with the red "DOOSHBAG THREAD HIJACK" CAS message.

Checklist:

1. Ignore the idiot
2. Move on.

Checklist complete.

So, if you want to get a bonus and a raise in March and you feel that you should get a chunk of that money, perhaps you should be a manager and not just a pilot.

That's the argument Jonathan Ornstein always uses... :rolleyes:

What really sucks is that these companies are still profitable.

Bingo! I hope this is the approach NJASAP would take as well if the F word is brought up by management here. There are many, many other areas in which companies can cut costs in other wasteful spending areas prior to furloughing pilots. I hope and trust that NJA management would realize this as well. Furloughs though are always the easy way out for management to cut costs quickly and easily.

Latest resources

Back