• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How's it working for you?
What?
Being clever.

Almost as clever as quoting myself on flightinfo, but not quite as clever as a mom and pops chief pilot or D.O. from Miami chiming in here explaining why 160 of us fractional pilots are unemployed. But hey I got an A in college economics so I will be writing Paul Volcker to let him know what I think we need to do to get the economy back on track. We get it, the industry is in a downward spiral and many of us are suffering the consequences of poor management decisions. Hats off to Citation shares management group who handled this with due respect to the service and longevity of the pilots involved. As for publishers he should stick to what he knows and let us go about our business.

CS is a GREAT company and is trying their best to make this work. Steve is being upfront with us on why and what to expect (as he should) and the lines of communication have been open for ANY and ALL questions.

We will get through this. This has been the most unbelievably good job I have ever had. WE need to stick together CS folks. Hopefully for us all, we will get to continue to work here.

Ok, so what you are saying (if I understand correctly) is that if management does their job and the company is profitable, they will get a bonus and a raise in March and the company continues to operate.
That must mean if they are not profitable, they are not doing their job then they don't get a bonus or raise in March and the company fails to be a viable entity to the employees, shareholders and passengers.

Now, to continue along that line of thought, as a pilot, if you fly you get paid if the company is profitable or not, because that's not your job (to make the company profitable),you still get paid.

So, if you want to get a bonus and a raise in March and you feel that you should get a chunk of that money, perhaps you should be a manager and not just a pilot. It's a different set of challenges and most pilots don't want to deal with it, (that's why they fly..shhhhh don't tell anybody) and it's just easier to moan and groan about those that are willing to take the responsibility for all of it rather than just one flight at a time.

Hey, you're not allowed to post anything on this site that is not PURELY pro-labor no matter how much it makes sense. Pilots SHALL never lose their jobs despite how it affects the bottom line of their company. Managers and executives SHALL always be bashed for being overpayed if they make anything equal to or greater than $1. Please go turn in your wings wherever you fly because you are obviously not worthy of being a pilot or posting on this board.

I'm not making it up, it's in the user agreement you agreed to when you signed up for this site....

Understanding Bob19....

The reason he has stuck his nose into the Citation Shares Pilots business is that he realizes if Shares goes Union, the balance of power will have shifted for good in the Fractional Industry.

That won't bode well for a Union Buster like Bob19. Once Options is done with him, the only place left for him in the Fractionals will be Flex. And with 3 out of 4 of the major Fractional players gone Union, his percentages of keeping Flex non Union would be remote.

Bob19 is just trying to preserve as much of his potential Union Busting territory as possible.

Don't take it personal guys. We have already established Bob19 to be a Pathological Liar. But unlike political mistakes made in the past, we will not let his political attacks go uncountered.

He will be shot down continually. Kind of makes for a good way to kill time while on standby.

Bob19...Shooting him down. Pure Entertainment.

Freedom is Not Free

HAHAHAHA!!!!! Good one Milky, youve made it clear!

Milky:

Pilots SHALL never lose their jobs despite how it affects the bottom line of their company. Managers and executives SHALL always be bashed for being overpayed if they make anything equal to or greater than $1

Semore:

Well if you don't like it quit crying about it and be a pilot! Take B-19 with you, you can be "stick buddies".

May your Christmas be every bit as good as the pilots you have furloughed.

I'am not so junior in age FYI these guy pushing 70 with kids out of college so on and so forth get out of the way so i can put my kid thru college can't get aviation out of blood rent an airplane for christ sake not trying to be an ass but it is what it is let the young bloods make a living they'll all be dead soon anyway LOL if they have not saved enough buy now shame on them i planned on retiring by age 58 thats out the window with the old timers taking up space sorry but that is the way i feel about it

That is the longest run-on sentence I have ever read...

Perhaps he was simply channeling Faulkner? ;)
:laugh:

freight-- if you do not know someones background, you should not comment on it. What I try and do is share some of the 35 years of my aviation experience in the corporate, 135, and 121 fields, all of which I have held senior positions. Many of the posts here take on side and never bother looking at the other side.
My interest in fractional companies in particular is because most of the models have not worked. Other than Netjets, which has a pile symbiotic company relationships, what other frac is really or ever has produced decent profits.
I am a business analysist by nature and profession. Obviously if the models cannot work consistently, the jobs for pilots are going to go away.
As a businessman, I gave up on figuring out the airline business a long time ago. I have owned a number of aircraft, traded about $800m in used airliners, but never had any desire to be a commercial pilot flying for hire.

Well pat yourself on the pack and paste on another gold star

I find it offensive that you are compelled to tell us all what we're doing wrong, yet you don't work at a fractional. You are coming here and rubbing salt in unemployed pilots wounds. It would be easy for me to jump in the majors forum and explain to those pilots what is wrong with the airline industry. We are all scrambling to become more efficient and profitable. Your views too are onesided, frac pilots are not a dime a dozen. We will continue to focus on what we can control as pilots and provide the best service to our customers and hopefully the higher ups will find a way to attract and retain owners. It is easy for you to analize what has gone wrong, but you offer nothing constructive. With that said I retract the namecalling in the previous post.

I never intend to rub salt in an unemployed pilots wounds. If I was trying to make a point to someone who is thinking of a career in fractional flying, I would merely caution. On the one hand, it has created more flying jobs than would have been created in the corporate world, on the other, it just has not been very successful past Netjets and there because they have their hand in the sales pie, the support pie, the training pie, the everything pie.
There are a number of things I think they can do to become more solid. Get out of the card business. Put penalties on owners that are geographically disadvantaged. Do not sell 1/16's or even 1/8ths. Will this reduce revenue and market, yes. Make it more solid yes. The airlines are always in the crapper because there answer for everything is more. Sometimes the answer is less but focused. In the end, it will produce less volatility and more pilot security.

Latest resources

Back