Chief pilot at Netjets?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
HAmmer HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Gee, sorry! I guess I should have kept my mouth shut! He would be a perfect match for Net jets... Is that better?

Yeah! He started it!

Hey NJA Owner,

Hope you are well.

We know that customer service is vital.

I can only speak for myself, but it seems like alot of the frustrations are a result questions regarding the "weight" that a letter of recommendation carries. (Seemingly none)

Fishman will likely chime in again and explain in more detail.

We are "chums" and grew up in the same town so we can disagree.

I have been frustrated that alot of what I consider "Creme Dela Creme" (spelling?) Army pilots I know have been turned down in recent times. Very few hired that I know. As a result, many are looking elsewhere.

I would not give a letter to anyone (and havent) that I didn't think would be a great fit.

Since June of 07, I don't know of any Army guys from our units that have been hired.

I don't wanna stir a bunch of crap, but I think career military officers can be taught customer service.

Fishman will likely chime in again and explain in more detail.
In reference to the Letters of Recommendation: The letters are read, and taken seriously. They are used to HELP GET THE APPLICANT IN THE DOOR. As soon as they are in CMH, it is up to them to perform to what NetJets is looking for.

I demand the same excellence out of our applicants as I see coming from our crews. I will not falter on that opinion. It is not fair to our crews, our owners, and our families. When you come to your NetJets interview, be prepared for excellence.

Last edited:
Oh man, I haven't forgotten!!!!!

In fact! NJA Owner said he was gonna buy me dinner as well!

I would love to take you gents up on it!

Take care, Semore.

The answer you gave him was ""Pilot Recruitment"
Seems to have worked for many before..."
and it was dripping with doosh bag sarcasm.

Then there was the "And for the individual that made the loser statement.. Please don't apply, I thought I left all your type back at the regionals!" statement. Are you saying there is a certain type of pilot at regionals that does not exist at NetJets? Are you saying that regional pilots are somehow inferior to NetJets pilots? Because that's how it comes off.

The guys question was not that out of line. Why was it necessary to turn it into a "NetJets pilots are better than everyone else" thread? I suspect that was what he was reacting to.

Seems to have worked for many before..." and it was dripping with doosh bag sarcasm.

Then there was the "And for the individual that made the loser statement.. Please don't apply, I thought I left all your type back at the regionals!" statement. Are you saying there is a certain type of pilot at regionals that does not exist at NetJets? Are you saying that regional pilots are somehow inferior to NetJets pilots? Because that's how it comes off.

The guys question was not that out of line. Why was it necessary to turn it into a "NetJets pilots are better than everyone else" thread? I suspect that was what he was reacting to.

Nope. they hire mostly regional guys/gals it seems.

Nope. they hire mostly regional guys/gals it seems.
Not true. We hire from every part of industry. Military, freight, major, regional, charter, fractional, etc... To not do so would be highly illegal.

Seems to have worked for many before..." and it was dripping with doosh bag sarcasm.

The answer is the truth. If QXpeon would have done the minimum of research he could have answered his own question and kept the insults to a minimum.

The pilots at NetJets ARE the best in the world. We are very proud of our crews. They are THE REASON we are the industry leader in fractional ownership.

There is a reason thousands of pilots want to join our ranks. There is a reason many of our owners will only fly on QS tails. It is the pilots.

In general, airline (not just regional) pilots don't understand customer service. AT ALL. They are terrible at it. All they do is get on the plane and turn left. They think making their PA is "good service" when in all actuality, it is annoying. At NetJets, flying the plane is only 20% of what we do. We are the CS rep, baggage handler, flight attendant, dispatcher (sometimes, when IJet is down), and pilot.

Sorry if this offends some, but it is how I feel. Our crews are the best in the world.

Latest resources

Back