• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Chief pilot at Netjets?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The pilots at NetJets ARE the best in the world. We are very proud of our crews. They are THE REASON we are the industry leader in fractional ownership.

There is a reason thousands of pilots want to join our ranks. true, but it's a tight market, and no one else is hiring. Get real. There is a reason many of our owners will only fly on QS tails. It is the pilots.

At NetJets, flying the plane is only 20% of what we do. same as all fracs We are the CS rep......same at all fracs baggage handler..........same at all fracs. flight attendant,........same at all fracs. dispatcher......same at all fracs. (sometimes, when IJet is down), and pilot.

Sorry if this offends some, but it is how I feel. Our crews are the best in the world.

Now, I love NJA. But How are you different than any others as far as CS? Do you sweat less when you load luggage? Call the fbo for the limo five minutes earlier than a flops guy would? go left around a storm instead of right? Do you have concierge training? (flops does/did). Arrange the catering differently than the rest? Just wonderin' from a guy whose been around the block a little.;)

Sure. The other fracs do a good job. The NetJets crews do a GREAT job. Every day we reinvent why our owners decided to fly on QS tails instead of CS or FX or any of the others. If we didn't someone else would, and I'd be out of a job.

There were others hiring in the recent past as well as NJA. (American, United, Delta, Northwest, FedEx, JetBlue, Mesa, Skywest, UPS, and Southwest aren't the only game in town). Somehow people still wanted to be with us.

Now, I'm not trying to make this a NJA is better than FLOPS, Flex, or Shares "thing". The point I was trying to make is that airline pilots are not in our league when it come to taking care of the owners (passengers). They fly the planes and do a great job at it, but that is the extent of an airline pilot's involvment to a "good" flight.

Now, I love NJA. But How are you different than any others as far as CS? Do you sweat less when you load luggage? Call the fbo for the limo five minutes earlier than a flops guy would? go left around a storm instead of right? Do you have concierge training? (flops does/did). Arrange the catering differently than the rest? Just wonderin' from a guy whose been around the block a little.;)

Our "gear" is longer than yours!!!....:):):)

That's why I said, "In general,". I wasn't being insulting. I was stating fact. IN GENERAL, airline pilots do not understand what customer service is by NetJets definition. Not by a mile. It isn't an insult, it is a fact. Sorry if the truth hurts.
English poet, painter, printmaker, and essayist William Blake said in Annotations to Sir Joshua Reynolds's Discourses, pp. xvii–xcviii (c. 1798–1809) "To Generalize is to be an Idiot. To Particularize is the Alone Distinction of Merit—General Knowledges are those Knowledges that Idiots possess."

One man's opinion...

That's why I said, "In general,". I wasn't being insulting. I was stating fact. IN GENERAL, airline pilots do not understand what customer service is by NetJets definition. Not by a mile. It isn't an insult, it is a fact. Sorry if the truth hurts.
Wow! Do you know the difference between opinions and facts?

I believe NetJets is a great company made up of many very good people. The company offers a product that is different from the US airlines. They both provide an important service.

I'm just saying that to say that airline pilots are inferior to NetJets pilots because they make PA announcements is like saying that a waitress at Bob Evans is inferior to a waitress at a 5-star restaurant because she does not use tablecloths.

It is wonderful to see people who are excited about where they work. You work at a great place. You should brag it up! I'm just saying it is not cool to imply that people working in a different sector of the industry are somehow inferior.

Last edited:
In general, airline (not just regional) pilots don't understand customer service. AT ALL.

Above is a statement that you characterized as a fact. It is obviously your opinion.

Some people believe the definition of facts is everything they say and the definition of opinions is everything everyone else says.

Latest resources

Back