• Start date
  • Watchers 50

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Anyone else notice this guy sounds a lot like D'Angelo? Definitely doesn't work for CHQ and is probably in management somewhere.

1) He doesn't work here.
2) If he does, those of us that would educate him would try but do you think he'd listen? If, in the odd chance he works here, that is his attitude, he'll do something dumb and get fired, for that we'll all rejoice.
3) Read the press release. Those A/C are not being taken from XJT, they are removed from CAL. Whether we acquire the leases, I hope not, or buy new jets does not matter. Those 69 A/C are yours for you MGT to place.

I remember an XJET guy posting on here a few months back that XJET can return the aircraft and still make a profit even without the 69 jets of flying. Is that still true? Do you expect furloughs to happen? I have quite a few buddies there that haven't been there even a year and it would totally suck if they lost their jobs.

Fellas, fellas, here is the dilemma. The regional airlines are hiring too many little boys. EMB skillz is just such an example. He probably doesn't have a wife, kids, mortgage, bills, or a life. I mean, if he had a life, he would spend time posting constructive comments rather than taking pot shots at a pilot group that is a bit disappointed at the moment. Seriously, who starts a thread called CHQ triumph? That is very classy my friend. As for all the other CHQ pilots, I'm not happy about it; but it wasn't you who created this situation. In reality, one regional replacing another regional is never going to stop until the PILOT GROUPS make it stop.

Examples:
Who ever it was that replaced Air Wisc's capacity with United, refuse to fly that capacity. Put it back where it had successfully resided for a long time.

Pilots refuse to be hired by *************************s, when the company is unable to staff its flight decks, TSA retains what was rightfully agreed upon.

Pilot groups refuse to accept Northwest Airlink flying at the expense of Mesaba and/or Pinnacle. Great, your company won the bid. As a unionized pilot group, you do not accept this work in order to protect the interests of another pilot group. Am I my brother's keeper?

CHQ pilot refuse to accept COEX flying. COEX pilot refuse to accept other regional's flying. We all maintain the status quo, and therefore our jobs and career progression. If our company pays a little more or a little less, who cares. We all made decisions on where we wanted to work... live with it. That is part of being an adult and a professional.

As for furloughs, etc., don't even talk about such things. Express Jet will come out ok, I suspect with even more growth. All though, I fear it will be the same old airline circle of life. We will inevitably, replace the flying capacity of another carrier, maybe CHQ, who knows. As for our mature friends on the board, we would all be better if you would please take your minimal experience and leave the profession. To the few arrogant folks on this board, on behalf of myself, my wife, my three children, my mortgage company, and my school loan provider... may your precious upgrade be all that you hoped it would be. I hope that you will never have to deal with what we have dealt with these last few months, as we prepare for the worst (loss of upgrade and job), and hope for the best (growth) and newfound diversity for our company.

beech cowboy,

While a majority of your post is quite well written, there are a few things I want to take to task.

First, not many people in low seniority positions at RAH are "little boys" obviously we have one or two as evidenced by some posts, but lately, most are furloghed 121 pilots, or people such as yourself, leaving Colgan in search of something better.

Second, as you have pointed out in numerous posts, you are new to union stuff. I want to let you in on a seceret. If we go with your suggestion and not fly, that is considered a "self-help action" and since we are not in the appropriate phase of negotiations, that would translate to an "illegal work stoppage". Also, there is no COEX flying...It is CO's flying...And if we followed that train of logic, you shouldn't have worked at Colgan, because that was CHQ's flying, Allegheny's flying, PSA's flying and Piedmont's flying.
If we back up enough, it should all be mainline flying.

Good luck....

The sad truth of the matter is EVERY mainline and regional pilot group out there is facing this type of situation. Right now it is CHQ being awarded some flying that XJT is currently doing....obviously this sucks for those of us at XJT, and those at CHQ benifit from it.

Several years ago, it was XJT doing flying that CAL had been doing....this started from the first day the ERJ showed up on property. This situation is happening / will happen at EVERY mainline / regional airline out there.

Ironically, I can remeber several co-workers who bragged about doing the CAL flying and even went so far as to say they wanted to do more CAL routes. The only thing these guys could see was how it was benifiting them...quicker upgrades, more pilots below them on the seniority list, etc. They could not see how it was doing just the opposite to the CAL pilots.

Now, a couple of years later, we at XJT are on the short end of the stick.....and it really sucks! Some of our pilots will POSSIBLY lose their CA seat or even worse be furloughed. In a couple more years, it could be CHQ on the short end of the stick.

Unfortunatly, this guy doesn't realize that in a couple of years he too could be in the position the XJT pilots are ( possible CA seat loss, furloughs, etc.). It just doesn't make sense for any of us to brag about taking any flying because it is likely to be given to someone else in the future.

No one should be jumping for joy when this stuff happens....the way this industry works, things tend to come full circle....as I said before, no matter what airline we work for, at some point in our careers, we are ALL going to be on both sides of the fence with this issue.

We can only hope that at some point in time throughout our careers we will all find a job where we will not have to endure this year after year. Unfortunatly, I think the ball was dropped on this issue years ago when the ERJ / CRJ was to "small" to be a mainline aircraft....if these aircraft had never been given to the regionals, all of this flying would be done by mainline pilots at mainline wages without the whipsaw.....

Who knows if we will ever be able to work without worrying about being whipsawed.....I sincerely hope we can fix this, but I don't have much confidence.

As for those at CHQ, I harbor no bad feelings. I only ask that you act with the same compassion for us at XJT that you would want if / when this happens to your pilot group!

Skychief

headinclouds said:
Just curious how Brandon Coxton's name came up in this conversation. CloudRoller: Do you know this guy personally?

Since this thread was created by a toolbox it just seemed appropriate to mention the king of the tool shed himself.

Just keep blaming the pilots... it's all our fault... We suck!

So much power to change everything exactly into the way it perfectly "should" be and so little action. Morons!

Skychief said:
The only thing these guys could see was how it was benifiting them...quicker upgrades, more pilots below them on the seniority list, etc. They could not see how it was doing just the opposite to the CAL pilots.
Skychief

With all do respect, I don't blame them. That is how the game works. Worrying about the other guy is contrary to how business is done. The airline industry is no different then any other industry in America. It has competition just the same as the automotive industry, retail, etc. By doing the SAME EXACT JOB as everyone else, but for less, is how you win the game. My hat goes off to CHQ on job well done on kicking everyone elses azz.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back