• Start date
  • Watchers 50

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Would you look at the way you type!!!!! You belong in the Ghetto, not in an airplane.

On behalf of everyone at coex, even though i don't work there, I hope you fail your upgrade training, dog

There are no winners in this. Sure CHQ thinks they have won, but the reality of it is this puts more downward pressure on pay and work rules in this industry. And not just at the regional level either.

ExpressJet has arguably the best contract out there, and losing the 69 airplanes puts more pressure on their company to push for pay cuts in order to keep the rest of their coex flying.

Sure, as 25 year old with no family, making 50 grand per year with 10 days off per month may seem great. After all you are the captain of a cool jet. But try being 40 years old with a family and making it go on that same paycheck. Oh, you say you plan on being at a major by that time? Guess what, those jobs will be few and far between because the regionals are able to do it for so much cheaper.

You may think this is great for CHQ, and it is for the shareholders, but it is just more sad news for anyone who has a desire to make a career out of being an airline pilot. Including the CHQ guys.

I, in no way am trying to make this a flame bait as I have many, many, many friends at both expressjet and chautauqua....but is this the time to apply with Chaq???? Personally the fact that CoEx hasn't announced any furloughs is a non-event cause it's way too early for that. Several of my friends at CoEx are now asking the question of whether they should apply at Chaq, even before the possibilities of furloughs are announced. Good luck to all at both airlines. I wish nothing but upgrades for both sides!!!

I am sure if there are ExpressJet furloughs, the pilots will be given priority interview status at CHQ.

Unfortunately, they were not even given the chance to change some pay or work rules to gain more competetive rates.

Last edited:
EMB Skillz said:
I am sure if there are ExpressJet furloughs, the pilots will be given priority interview status at CHQ.

yeah that makes everything better... to start all over at another regional

EMB Skillz said:

Hahahaha. Thats quite funny actually. If thats the only job I can find at this point, I think its time for a new career.

Last edited:
wow, u fly a 170 for 50 seat pay, you should be really proud of that. And, im sure that you are really proud that you will fly those continental routes for less pay than expressjet flyes them for. Some triumph..

Hey Piston Engined Tough Guy,
Please look up the payscales prior to posting....

veneratio said:
wow, u fly a 170 for 50 seat pay, you should be really proud of that. And, im sure that you are really proud that you will fly those continental routes for less pay than expressjet flyes them for. Some triumph..

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back