• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Cell Call

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Clearly I stated that this issue, along with many many other QOL degredations, indicate that the mgmt beliefs and tactics have not really evolved much since the "George and jon" days.

If you really believe that, then either:

1. You weren't here during the John/George/Erion days,

or

2. You are an idiot...

Which one are you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBNAV8R
You guys are kidding right? "OMG!!! I got a distraction (F/A chime, caution, dropped my chicklets,Selcal interrupted my 'Duck walks into a bar' joke) below 10K' and I can't fly the airplane anymore. We should declare an emergency!!!"

Gimme a friggin' break. Annoying - yes. Safety issue - no. (Not unless you're panties are too wadded to do your job - then you don't belong in the cockpit.)

That attutude is fine, until you have one in the middle of a PRM and miss the callsign they are referring to because of this crap.

-If you think that this is not a real safety issue, perhaps you should find a less safety-critical line of work. Maybe I could pull a Gen Lee and suggest that French fries don't cook themselves.

-Seriously, if you cannot imagine how this could be a threat, you must be some 12 yr old who stole dad's FI password.

If you really believe that, then either:

1. You weren't here during the John/George/Erion days,

or

2. You are an idiot...

Which one are you?

You old bastards should've left with George, John, and Erion. If this is the pinnacle of your career then Mr. T and the rest of the gang pity da fool.

Really? You know that for a fact do'ya? I've been here over 11 years, and I've spent over a year on reserve under far worse reserve than now...Better check your "facts"....

Wow a whole year huh? Well I take back all the changes I wanted in the reserve section then...:rolleyes:
Other than maybe G&J would fire you at the drop of a hat, how was it worse? You know all those great rules we have in this contract? Well they are all based on having at least some sort of coverage. While we had none, NONE of those rules applied to us. We were worked to the max federal limit all the time. Only relief was calling in fatigued.

Wow a whole year huh? Well I take back all the changes I wanted in the reserve section then...:rolleyes:
Other than maybe G&J would fire you at the drop of a hat, how was it worse? You know all those great rules we have in this contract? Well they are all based on having at least some sort of coverage. While we had none, NONE of those rules applied to us. We were worked to the max federal limit all the time. Only relief was calling in fatigued.

For one, you weren't on "rest" while on reserve...Your duty clock didn't start until you were called...You could be called at the end of your 15 hour reserve day to go do a nap.

1 hour to show from when you received the call.

10 days off with no "golden days"...Everything was moveable...and usually was.

All this for far less pay and much more harrassment...

Your examples were many years ago, and many contracts ago, so they don't matter.

They do when someone tells me I don't understand how bad it is to be on reserve...Getting tired of being told I had it so much better back then...That dog won't hunt and it isn't going to garner much sympathy...

Without going back over the numerous threads about this, I believe you have responded to OCP, 79% and COOPERVANE by comparing your reality as a reserve to their realities as a reserve.

They are different opinions, but there is no reason to discredit their opinions by playing the "I had it worse card." That was my point by saying your opinions didn't matter because they were so long ago. Your realities years ago are what helped improve our current contract, and their realities will help improve the next contract.

I would challenge you to try and improve our contract, but you have already stated that you like ASA to be average in the Regional World. I don't agree with your stance on this subject, but I understand where it is coming from.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back