• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Cell Call

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Unless you live in The Rockies, on the ground is usually below 10000' and thus sterile cockpit rules apply. ACARS messages for gate changes and scheduling changes are not safety of flight messages and thus need to STOP.

It is kind of funny how the ole guys pounding their chests about 'suck it up', 'thats the biz', or 'it was worse for me' never dat reserve or did it for merely a few months. We do it FOR YEARS AND YEARS NOW!!!! IT IS NOT LIKE WHEN YOU DID IT ---- and IT SHOULD BE IMPROVED!!!

I know, for a fact, that nearly every pilot at ASA over 11 years never sat reserve for more than a month or two. If you are here around 9 years, you have probably been on reserve for more than 3 years. (All while lineholders are picking up open time at 200%)

We should/can/need to improve this section that 1/3 of our pilots endure! Not cater to only the 2/3 that have it better already!

We do have texting. I don't know how ASA pilots allowed the abuse of extention/rescheduling via ACARS to happen. We even got a memo stating acknowledgment constitutes acceptance of the assignment.

Skywest doesn't allow this and they have no contract! Expressjet doesn't allow this.............WHY ARE WE ALLOWING IT?

Now we even have an "autodialer notification system" that calls you 27 times on your days off. It calls you every 25 minutes until you self notify. The MEC stance seemes to be "well...... don't answer your phone"

Expressjet guys, it seems like ASA mgmt has been sneaking things in the back door these last few months to get them on property so they can claim it's status quo when you guys complain. Seems the ASA pilots are so worried about "red arrows" they haven't paid attention to anything else.

It shows how the mgmt mentality really hasn't changed that much since George and John.

Just don"t press "ACK" and you're not notified.

I think you're right, but 5 min may be coming soon. I know it was discussed.

We get an automated message about 60 seconds after landing to notify us of our gate or gate change. That wouldn't work if it waited for 5 minutes.

You guys are kidding right? "OMG!!! I got a distraction (F/A chime, caution, dropped my chicklets,Selcal interrupted my 'Duck walks into a bar' joke) below 10K' and I can't fly the airplane anymore. We should declare an emergency!!!"

Gimme a friggin' break. Annoying - yes. Safety issue - no. (Not unless you're panties are too wadded to do your job - then you don't belong in the cockpit.)

You guys are kidding right? "OMG!!! I got a distraction (F/A chime, caution, dropped my chicklets,Selcal interrupted my 'Duck walks into a bar' joke) below 10K' and I can't fly the airplane anymore. We should declare an emergency!!!"

Gimme a friggin' break. Annoying - yes. Safety issue - no. (Not unless you're panties are too wadded to do your job - then you don't belong in the cockpit.)

That attutude is fine, until you have one in the middle of a PRM and miss the callsign they are referring to because of this crap.

-If you think that this is not a real safety issue, perhaps you should find a less safety-critical line of work. Maybe I could pull a Gen Lee and suggest that French fries don't cook themselves.

-Seriously, if you cannot imagine how this could be a threat, you must be some 12 yr old who stole dad's FI password.

Last edited:
I don't know how ASA pilots allowed the abuse of extention/rescheduling via ACARS to happen. We even got a memo stating acknowledgment constitutes acceptance of the assignment.

Skywest doesn't allow this and they have no contract! Expressjet doesn't allow this.............WHY ARE WE ALLOWING IT?

Now we even have an "autodialer notification system" that calls you 27 times on your days off. It calls you every 25 minutes until you self notify. The MEC stance seemes to be "well...... don't answer your phone"

Expressjet guys, it seems like ASA mgmt has been sneaking things in the back door these last few months to get them on property so they can claim it's status quo when you guys complain. Seems the ASA pilots are so worried about "red arrows" they haven't paid attention to anything else.

It shows how the mgmt mentality really hasn't changed that much since George and John.

Well, we have our own things management has done in the past 9 months to try to establish a status quo but I don't think that what is status quo at ASA will be ok to be status quo at XJT and vice versa, like ACARS notification. By the way, I don't think ACARS notification or auto dialers will fly at XJT in a JCBA.

I know, for a fact, that nearly every pilot at ASA over 11 years never sat reserve for more than a month or two. If you are here around 9 years, you have probably been on reserve for more than 3 years. (All while lineholders are picking up open time at 200%)

Really? You know that for a fact do'ya? I've been here over 11 years, and I've spent over a year on reserve under far worse reserve than now...Better check your "facts"....

Latest resources

Back