Cell Call

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"Originally Posted by 79%N1
I know, for a fact, that nearly every pilot at ASA over 11 years never sat reserve for more than a month or two. If you are here around 9 years, you have probably been on reserve for more than 3 years. (All while lineholders are picking up open time at 200%)"

79%N1,

I fit into that window. I spent about 6 years on reserve.

I have sat reserve under both the old AND the new contracts. On paper, the new contract is superior. But unless you have sat reserve this last summer, you simply don't know how bad it can be. ALL of our gains were LOOPHOLED away. Or just plain ignored. The only relief was a fatique call as stated above.

In reality the reserve rules in force around '03-'04 were no worse. It really wasn't that bad. Cant speak for earlier.

Can we please be grown-ups and realize that just because reserve sucked for you, it doesn't mean that it must suck for everyone after you. I am not too far from holding a line. Once I hold a line I will still think it is a good idea to improve reserve rules. Are you senior guys so selfish that you only want to improve your own lives and screw everyone else? Don't give me 60% FO pay or we'll strike argument. Like this issue, it's was just the right thing to do.

Latest resources

Back