Cell Call

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

IFLYASA

Ok, since I was pretty much delayed all day yesterday out of ATL, we kept getting Cell Call departure/arrival delay messages at the most inappropriate times. Something has to give with this or someone will miss an important radio called and get violated. Turn the volume down, change the message, make a different noise. I dread today..

Ok, since I was pretty much delayed all day yesterday out of ATL, we kept getting Cell Call departure/arrival delay messages at the most inappropriate times. Something has to give with this or someone will miss an important radio called and get violated. Turn the volume down, change the message, make a different noise. I dread today..

I think you meant "selcal"? Or does your cell phone work in flight? :confused:

It's nearly impossible to take your point seriously when you think it's "cell call". It really detracts from the main sense of your argument.

Write an ASAP for every non essential selcal while observing sterile cockpit.

ROTFLMAO!!!! Cell Call! I love it. I want to make that my ring tone on my selphone!

Come on guys, to me it sounds like "Cell Call".. Knowing it has nothing to do with my cell.

Might as well be "cell call" since we don't have SELCAL installed on our aircraft!

Come on guys, to me it sounds like "Cell Call".. Knowing it has nothing to do with my cell.

It has nothing to do with SELCAL either. Apparently the CRJ don't come with an "ACARS Message" aural annunciation.

Who cares whether it is SELCAL Or Cell Call? Really, is that all you dorks can think to comment on? What a bunch of Marys!

I have gotten a few of these at really inappropriate times as well, and it is simply not possible to hear anything else but this aural message screaming at you.

-This is a distressing problem. Something will probably have to get bent before this is corrected.

Got one yesterday just as I was calling ATC. Controller thought our radio was screwed up.

Latest resources

Back