• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Cell Call

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Got one last month as we were getting vectored to intercept the localizer in ATL. I missed the instructions to turn and intercept the localizer and as a result, I got chewed out a bit by ATC for having to repeat his instructions.

Thanks for the gate change at 5000'

Got one last month as we were getting vectored to intercept the localizer in ATL. I missed the instructions to turn and intercept the localizer and as a result, I got chewed out a bit by ATC for having to repeat his instructions.

Thanks for the gate change at 5000'

Well if you hadn't of left more than 5 minutes early, this wouldn't be a problem!!! Thanks for all your hard work!

(I KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIID :laugh: )

Well if you hadn't of left more than 5 minutes early, this wouldn't be a problem!!! Thanks for all your hard work!

(I KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIID :laugh: )

Thanks again for all you do!

-We will soon make sure you get notified at least 5 times of schedule "enhancements" each time you come into the ATL.

In response to the complaints about SelCals used for scheduling notifications, I heard they are soon beginning the trial phase of a new chip they will implant in every newhire FO in order to "help" notify them in case of a new assignment. It's for your own good. It will buzz you every 5 minutes until you self notify. It will also buzz you when you are about to penetrate P-56.

I recorded it with my ghetto cell phone and made it my ringer ID when the company calls. The dude I flew with last month kept looking for a company message. Damn I is funny.

Do you guys not have text message capability on your ACARS? FYI, at XJT we get gate assignments on the ACARS In Range reply and we get an automated ACARS text message about 30 seconds after landing to verify the assigned gate or to notify of a gate change. Also, reassignments or JM via ACARS are not legal.

Do you guys not have text message capability on your ACARS? FYI, at XJT we get gate assignments on the ACARS In Range reply and we get an automated ACARS text message about 30 seconds after landing to verify the assigned gate or to notify of a gate change. Also, reassignments or JM via ACARS are not legal.

Yes, we do.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back