• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Cell Call

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Do you guys not have text message capability on your ACARS? FYI, at XJT we get gate assignments on the ACARS In Range reply and we get an automated ACARS text message about 30 seconds after landing to verify the assigned gate or to notify of a gate change. Also, reassignments or JM via ACARS are not legal.

We do have texting. I don't know how ASA pilots allowed the abuse of extention/rescheduling via ACARS to happen. We even got a memo stating acknowledgment constitutes acceptance of the assignment.

Skywest doesn't allow this and they have no contract! Expressjet doesn't allow this.............WHY ARE WE ALLOWING IT?

Now we even have an "autodialer notification system" that calls you 27 times on your days off. It calls you every 25 minutes until you self notify. The MEC stance seemes to be "well...... don't answer your phone"

Expressjet guys, it seems like ASA mgmt has been sneaking things in the back door these last few months to get them on property so they can claim it's status quo when you guys complain. Seems the ASA pilots are so worried about "red arrows" they haven't paid attention to anything else.

It shows how the mgmt mentality really hasn't changed that much since George and John.

Last edited:
Do you guys not have text message capability on your ACARS? FYI, at XJT we get gate assignments on the ACARS In Range reply and we get an automated ACARS text message about 30 seconds after landing to verify the assigned gate or to notify of a gate change. Also, reassignments or JM via ACARS are not legal.

Been awhile since I flew the 700, so correct me if I am wrong.

The 700 will flash "MESSAGE" on ED2 as a white status message, thus not needing the aural selcal. The 200 does not have that option for some reason, so to get our attention, as well as every passenger seated in rows 1-5, we get a deafening "SELCAL, SELCAL" aural message.

On the 700/900 you normally get a white status message that reads ACARS MESSAGE. Sometimes the dispatcher will enable the aural portion to accompany it. On the 200, you just get the deafening wake-up call w/o a status message. I ignore the scheduling notifications as they always come thru incomplete. ;)

It shows how the mgmt mentality really hasn't changed that much since George and John.

Either you weren't here when George and John were here, or you have been living in a cave.

The aural messages for the past few days coming during taxi out and landing, etc., were due to a programming error that has been fixed. Otherwise, those aurals should only come when above 3500 feet (I think, maybe 5000 ft) and 5 min after landing.

The aural messages for the past few days coming during taxi out and landing, etc., were due to a programming error that has been fixed. Otherwise, those aurals should only come when above 3500 feet (I think, maybe 5000 ft) and 5 min after landing.

It's 60 seconds after landing. Which conveniently is the amount of time it takes you to roll out and exit onto the high speed.

I would love for it to be changed to 5 minutes after landing, but that's not the case.

It's 60 seconds after landing. Which conveniently is the amount of time it takes you to roll out and exit onto the high speed.

I would love for it to be changed to 5 minutes after landing, but that's not the case.

I think you're right, but 5 min may be coming soon. I know it was discussed.

Either you weren't here when George and John were here, or you have been living in a cave.

Ahhhhhh, the old "in my mind, I had it worse than you so shut up" comment

So the ONLY thing you take away from my post is that I think that getting ACARS messages at inconvenient times is like living thru the George and John days.

Clearly I stated that this issue, along with many many other QOL degredations, indicate that the mgmt beliefs and tactics have not really evolved much since the "George and jon" days.

But here you go and have to impress everyone with your longevity. I suppose you sat reserve for 4 years under "much worse conditions" as well. So we should just go through the hazing that is required to get into the fraternity just like you did?

Last edited:
Can't you use the "Maintenance" functionand turn it OFF instead of AUTO. I also thought the aural was supressed with flaps out of 0 detent.

Ahhhhhh, the old "in my mind, I had it worse than you so shut up" comment

So the ONLY thing you take away from my post is that I think that getting ACARS messages at inconvenient times is like living thru the George and John days.

Clearly I stated that this issue, along with many many other QOL degredations, indicate that the mgmt beliefs and tactics have not really evolved much since the "George and jon" days.

But here you go and have to impress everyone with your longevity. I suppose you sat reserve for 4 years under "much worse conditions" as well. So we should just go through the hazing that is required to get into the fraternity just like you did?

Chill Turbo...

All I meant was that the fundamental philosophy of our management team is 180 degrees away from the "old days." To compare them to G and J is simply nonsensical.

The 700 gets the message on acars display and ED. The 200 gets it only on acars page. At PSA dispatch can send the aural or not. We filed alot of ASAP reports for breaking sterile cockpit below 10,000, so they only do it on the ground or above ten if it is reall important.

Latest resources

Back