• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Celebrities in FBOs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Green Day pulled up next to me yesterday in their Lear 45. You should have seen all the airport staff staring out their windows! The line guy got a nice autographed band photo out of it, and I still have to download the couple pics I nabbed.

Turned around and almost collided with Dick Cheney in a hurry to get to an airplane (did the left/right dance; he nodded Hi). This was a couple of years before he became VP.

More I have flown:

Al Gore: came up front to chitchat; said he invented GPWS, and TCAS too. Was strangely possessive of a small metal box. When I went back to use the lav, he broke off a beer bottle, waving it at me and yelling: "No one gets near the lock box! No one!"

Charlton Heston: When we showed up to pick him up (6 hours late on a rescue trip), apparently he expected a bigger plane. The company also screwed up his transportation and catering. When he threw a scene at the FBO, security came and started dragging him away. He told one burly guard "Get your hands off me, you filthy ape!". As he was being dragged through the FBO door he was yelling "It's a madhouse! A MAAADHOUUUSE!".

On a later flight, he apparently fell asleep, and woke up at CGF a few years in the future ( through as-yet-unexplained laws of physics and time travel.). As he surveyed the ruins of OCC (with the Flight Options logo sticking out of the rubble), he dropped to his knees, and pounding the pavement, yelling "The bastards finally did it! D*mn YOU ALL TO HELL!!" Meanwhile, underground below the rubble, horribly disgfigured, telepathic mutants led by M. Scheeringa, Tim Shedden, and Tim Montie worshiped "The Bomb" (actually 507CW loaded with fuel),and were engaged in a life-or-death struggle with surface-dwelling ex-FLOPS pilots living in the ruins of the Holiday Inn. (Driving around the green hotel vans with recoiless rifles mounted on the roof).

R. LEE ERMEY (the drill seargent from Full Metal Jacket). When we informed him that we had gone mechanical, he got in our faces and yelled "Holy s**t, if it isn't The Great Waldo Pepper and Forrest Gump! You pussies give pussies a bad name! You make me wish I had taken a horse instead of a plane, after 3 nights in a Mexican wh*rehouse! What ARE you doing to my beloved Fractional Share! You must have ridden to school on the SHORT short bus! ... He left us on the ramp sucking our thumbs with our pants down around our ankles.

Last edited:
ROFLMMFAO!

:D :D :D

More! More!

I saw Rudy Giuliani today at the Piedmont-Hawthorne FBO at Dulles.

He came racing in from the ramp with three or four of his cronies quickly in trail.

Andy Roddick and Mandy moore last year.. The next day flew Ludacris and his entourage.

Russell Simons and Rev Run from RUN DMC.. Rev Run was throwing cheese and crackers all over the airplane.

Pissed next to Jerry Bruckhiemer in PIE.

Flew General Schwarzkoph and General Tommy Franks really nive guys. Schwarzkophs wife served us sandwhichs.

Saw Bon Jovi, Heather Locklear. Faith Hill, Tim Mcgraw hanging out on the ramp in TPA

Also had Lee Greenwood and his band last year on the 4th of July, and have flown Stormin Normin, and Gen Horton several times, all of them seemed very personable.

Flew Jesse Jackson while on IOE. Sat in the second row, and waved to me when I looked back like a little kid. Pretty dang funny. Very personable, but his aid was a pain in the ass. Flew Batista, some wrestler from the WWF, not too long ago. My FA thought it was The Rock. Dude was h-u-g-e. Also commuted with Neil Cavuto going to work early one morning. While sitting three seats over, he was on the phone talking about doing a piece on the airlines, and interviewing pilots from Delta, American, United, etc. about their paycuts. I just rolled my eyes. Had some others on board, like Wayne Newtons band, who nearly tipped our poor Saab on its tail with all their band gear. I don't bother with the celebs much. Figure they want to be left alone.

leardawg said:
R. LEE ERMEY (the drill seargent from Full Metal Jacket). When we informed him that we had gone mechanical, he got in our faces and yelled "Holy s**t, if it isn't The Great Waldo Pepper and Forrest Gump! You pussies give pussies a bad name! You make me wish I had taken a horse instead of a plane, after 3 nights in a Mexican wh*rehouse! What ARE you doing to my beloved Fractional Share! You must have ridden to school on the SHORT short bus! ... He left us on the ramp sucking our thumbs with our pants down around our ankles.

Now I've got to clean the coffee off my monitor...:)

BANANA GEORGE. He was easy to recognize by the yellow cowboy hat, yellow suit, and yellow boots. He handed out bananas to the crew as well.

LOU HOLTZ when he was still at Notre Dame.

RANDY JOHNSON. Then a Mariner pitcher, man he is tall.

And some guy who was a Soap Opera actor, I had no idea who he was but the Flight Attendants recognized him.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back