Celebrities in FBOs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have some

I used to fly a KBHB (Bar Harbor, Maine), alot of famous people fly in for the weekends. I used to see Martha Stewart on a weekly basis. I watched Gwenyth Paltrow almost back her Range Rover into a King Air that was taxiing out.

Another Charlton Heston anecdote: after dropping him off at CGF, he was suddenly met and hauled off by some goonish-looking FLOPS personel. He yelled out a curious and kind of ominous warning: "Don't eat the crew catering!!! It's made from ex-Flight Options pilots!!! IT MADE FROM PEEEOOOPLLE!!!"

H. Ross Perot: Brand-new to the Fractional world, he came up front and asked a bunch of questions: "Now let's see here. Let me get this straight. Ah buy part of an airplane, but seldom if ever get to fly mah airplane. Ah have zero, repeat zero, control over which Tom, Dick an' barbecue eatin', tabbacca chewin', nose pickin' an flickin', fartin' gas-bag Harry flies on MAH airplane?! That don't add up to a Chihuahua's turd of sense to me! Ah'm as frustrated as a thirsty Armadilla at the bottom of an empty swimmin' hole! Ah feel as unfullfilled as Michael Jackson at a Girl Scout jamboree! Yabada, Yadada, Yababebadabadoo .."

Clint Eastwood: He and I did not see eye to eye on a particular issue. A scuffle ensued, and a gun fell out of his shirt onto the floor. I thought of going for it, but he sensed what I was thinking, and pulled out a much larger cannon of a pistol. "I know what you're thinking? Is the gun loaded? But being that this is the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow you clean away, you just have to ask yourself one question. Do I feel lucky? WELL DO YAH, PUNK?! As I lay there on the floor, I realized he had me beat, but could not resist asking the question burning in my mind: "I GOTS TO KNOW!!"

It was empty!We shared a good laugh over it afterwards.

All members of YES in ABQ-Rick Wakeman(God of all keyboards) was super nice and funny.

OJ Simpson in ATL(before murdering his wife)
Vanessa Williams and Rick Fox in HPN(she's still hot).
Victor Borge in DCA-got stuck the night before due to a cancelled flight...was still in his tux....very funny.

Also flew:

Elvis Presly: The King still lives, albeit anonymously (the guy is really overweight and huge!). I overheard him in back talking on the Flightfone, trying to hook up with an ex-girlfriend: "Hello baby, it's me, it's the King. I want you back in my life baby! I want you back real bad. And on your way back, could you stop by a Krispy Kreme and pick up a dozen jelly doughnuts, and a dozen Crullers too? Love me tender, love me truuuuue, and pick me up a pizza pie toooo_ONE WITH SAUSAGE, PEPPERS AND CHEEEESE, OH PLEASE, OH PLEASE, OH PLEASE ...I think she hung up on him.

Billy Joel: The FBO at HTO was apparently used to and ready for his departure. A loudspeaker blared "Code Red! Code Red !" and the hard-hat wearing FBO crew went diving for cover. Suddenly, there's a screeching noise as this BMW comes tearing through the ramp gate, airborne. It rolls several times, pieces flying off and everywhere. It slides to a stop, upside down, only a few feet from the plane, hissing and smoking, tires still spinning. A hub cap wobbled and rattled on the tarmac. Mr. Joel crawled out, dusted himself off, and said nonchalantly "Are we ready to go?" and tossed the keys to the un-fazed line guy standing nearby. And off we went.

Mel Gibson: He flew into CGF, arriving in the future on the same time-travelling airplane as Charlton Heston. The scene was quite different from present-day, very run-down and apocalyptic looking.(Tall pipes emanated from the buildings, flaming from burning the methane produced below). During a meeting with Scheeringa, over a dispute with the Pilot's Union, they were interrupted over an intercom system. It was the head of the Union: "Who run OCC?" said the high-pitched voice. Scheeringa replied in a somber tone "You know who runs OCC!" . "Say It !" barked the voice. Scheeringa, through gritting teeth, replied "OK. Master ... Blaster ... run ... OCC." The voice replied: " Gooood! Now, EMBARGO!!!" And the 126th pilot strike was on.

Eventually, things deteriorated to the point where the good guys decided to make a run for it, to greener pastures out west. They all piled into a souped up Legacy, stripped of wings, with a humungous snow-plow blade mounted on front, and a water cannon mounted atop on a large, swiveling turret. With Gibson driving, they took off down the Interstate, with Scheeringa and his minions in hot pursuit: an odd assortment of wingless Beechjets, Hawkers and Citations with spikes and blades on the wheel hubs, battering rams attached to the noses, and armor plating welded all over. These were driven by a freak show of leather-clad, mohawked maniacs (many wearing the old Flight Options tie as an accessory). Scheeringa himself stood on a platform welded atop a Challenger, wearing a horned Viking helmet and, wielding a large staff, exhorted his troops during the high speed pursuit. The wreckage and carnage on both sides was spectacular, and a few survivors eventually reached the promised land (a fortified Net Jets compound in the middle of the Arizona desert). Alas, Mel didn't make it, having been last seen in a spectacular fire-ball of a collision between his and Scheeringa's vehicles.

Last edited:
Passed John Travolta and Greg Norman on the Signature ramp at JAX. Passed Chris Jerico in the US Airways terminal in PIT.
Saw Steve Yzerman and his wife in CYQA
Saw Jesse Jackson during the final days of the '04 campaign at Atlantic Aviation PHL...If only I wasn't in uniform....no my mom always said if you don't have something nice to say don't say anything....

Last edited:
I worked at the FBO in Higginsville, MO. Small operation with maybe 3 airplanes to fill upon the weekend. Tony Stewart dropped in in his Citation (I think) b/c he has a house near there. I went up to the plane and asked if they needed fuel and was ran over by him and his posse. Next thing I know Im in the middle of his posse. They just kept walking by. What a prick.

I saw "Pappa John" at TAC air LEX

kilroy said:
Andy Roddick and Mandy moore last year.. The next day flew Ludacris and his entourage.

Mandy Moore's dad (Don) has been in the front seat of my car, lol! Ok, to make this aviation related:

Mandy's dad is or was at the time a capt w/ a certain airline. Had a trip into DEN w/ a FO I knew. FO gave me a call and said let's go do something w/ the capt (I didn't know who he was at first). Anyway, ended up taking them downtown for dinner. He was a very cool guy, absolutely insisted on paying for everything.

Latest resources

Back