• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CAL System Bid is out

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
just got the phone call yesterday! Christi told me to expect feb 12th class all 737, then today was offered feb 5th class I would be 2nd in class seniority and they will have 3 or 4 756 to give out. I obviously took the upgrade in seniority.

I will be commuting from DFW, what would give me the best commutable schedule and quicker path to IAH? (IAH is drivable if necessary)

By the way I was sitting on the fence on wether to leave my cushy job before the interview but the koolaid was good, not to mention all the CAL folks that cheered me on. I was definately treated well so far.

737, easily.

Anyone know when the seniority projection graph is coming out? Or, is it out and I just can't find it on the flight ops website?

Looking on Yahoo finance it appears Continetal and United may be talking if the Northwest and Delta talks come to fruition. How would that affect your hiring at Continental?

so CLE has less 737 FO's on the new bid than there are FO's. So that means some get kicked out? That would really suck as my friend just got CLE FINALLY and would now get kicked out before he even got there (feb 1st) Do they just ship him back to EWR?

Looking on Yahoo finance it appears Continetal and United may be talking if the Northwest and Delta talks come to fruition. How would that affect your hiring at Continental?

UAL Considers New Round of Talks with CAL
United Airlines ponders resuming talks

By Justin Baer in New York
Friday Jan 18 2008 18:25

United Airlines is considering a new round of talks to merge with Continental Airlines (NYSE:CAL) if its negotiations with another rival, Delta Air Lines (NYSE:DAL) , end without an agreement, people familiar with the company's plans said.
Glenn Tilton, United chief executive, an outspoken proponent of industrywide consolidation, signalled on Friday that the Chicago-based airlines could still strike a deal even if Delta merges with Northwest Airlines (NASDAQ:NWAC) . Delta opened negotiations with both United and Northwest earlier this month, the people said. "Our position has always been that we control our decisions; no one makes them for us," Mr Tilton said on Friday in a message to employees. "The advantage of our situation is that we have choices that we continue to consider with our board."

United and Continental discussed a possible merger a year ago after US Airways made a hostile bid for Delta, which was then under bankruptcy protection, the people said. Those talks cooled after Delta rejected US Airways' advances, but the two sides remained in touch, they said. United and Continental declined to comment.

Record fuel prices, vocal shareholders and the slowing US economy have pressured airlines to pursue deals that help reduce costs, eliminate unprofitable routes and extend their global reach.
Delta may have an easier time winning the approvals of anti-trust regulators and labour leaders in a deal with Northwest, the smaller of the two potential partners.

Richard Anderson, Delta's chief executive, once ran Northwest. Nevertheless United and Continental will probably need to wait for their peers to reach a deal before they sign their own accord; Northwest has the right to block a Continental merger under most conditions. Continental in turn can buy out that so-called golden share for $100 once Northwest reaches an definitive agreement of its own.

Why would CAL want Alaska? LAX gates? I would think that UAL would be a better fit to get more international routes, thats where the money is at these days.

Even with a merger with United, we would still have to hire for the forseeable future. It will take a while to merge the groups and they are hiring as well so I think hiring on both ends would continue until the furlough. Kidding..... Kind of,,,,

IAHERJ

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back