• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CAL System Bid is out

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Seat locks and fences. Be in the seat, equipment you want for the next 5 years. Look at past precedence in previous mergers.
I don't follow. Are you saying that two airlines merged and pilots were not able to bid out of their seats/upgrade for five years? I don't see how that's possible. What merger was this?

Seat locks and fences. Be in the seat, equipment you want for the next 5 years. Look at past precedence in previous mergers.

You mean to tell me there has been no movment at US and HP the last two years?

No F/o's have been able to bid up? Is there going to be a large draw to the EWR CO B737 base from any crewmembers merger with NW, UA, AA etc.

Last edited:
Are you senior on the 777?

All the guys I talk to (commuters) love it. And they have about 1 year seniority.

No, I'm junior. If you can get a line or sit long-call reserve, almost every trip is reasonably commutable. If you draw short-call reserve and commute, you'll either be sitting around the crash pad indefinitely (I usually fly a trip and 1/2 per month) or getting some mistrips.

I don't follow. Are you saying that two airlines merged and pilots were not able to bid out of their seats/upgrade for five years? I don't see how that's possible. What merger was this?

Northwest/Republic comes to mind. Something crazy like 20 year fences to prevent the Republic DC9 guys from bidding the bigger equipment as NW. I'm sure someone very familiar with that can chime in.

All this merger talk seems to be generated by post-bankruptcy carriers whose overpriced executives are being hurt badly by falling stock due to rising energy costs. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't see consolidation happening yet.

Streenland and Tilton have zero credibility.

I hope I'm wrong, but I don't see consolidation happening yet.

So you want all these mergers to happen then? I don't! But what do I know. I'm just a lil regional jet Captain. :rolleyes: LOL

Anyway LJRDRVR, you were completely wrong with your predicition that the Age 60 rule wouldn't change, so you're probably going to be wrong this time too. LOL

Thinking about CAL. In the B-757 at EWR, is that going to turn into all international flying or will it continue to be both stateside & overseas trips? Thanks.

Thinking about CAL. In the B-757 at EWR, is that going to turn into all international flying or will it continue to be both stateside & overseas trips? Thanks.

This isn't official by any means, but what we've been told is as the -900ERs come online, nearly all the 75-200s will be used international with the -300s staying domestic (MCO, LAS, etc), though there is talk of sending the -300s to HNL (the etops ones, anyway)...

There is going to be more than just displacements. Because of this bid the company has released all seat locks except those that have a seat lock due to training failure. If someone is in training right now or just upgraded and does not want to sit on reserve for an extended period of time can bid back off the airplane and choose an airplane that they can hold. For example an FO who just finished training on the 756 is 85% and came off the 737 at 40-45% can bid back to the 737 with no seat lock on the 756 which is normally 2 years to go backwards. Even a junior captain who will not be displaced but does not like the schedule he/she has may bid back to first officers as well.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back