• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CAL System Bid is out

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I was a Sr B727, moving to Jr B757 about 10 years ago. I would ask are you single, do you commute, do you care about destinations? Even jr trips to UK, and DOM on the B756 are good for commuting (plus I like the plane better), but above the splat line on the B737 might give you some choices but still, not very commutiable.

i'd lean B756 for myself, good luck.

I definitely like the 756 better as a plane, but having a wife and baby and home, specific days off that match up with my wife's work schedule are very important, more so than money, destinations, or equipment.

I'm thinking I would have more control to get M-W off every week on the 73. Also the 756 has those ridiculous schedules where you work about 10 days straight sometimes.

Seat locks and fences. Be in the seat, equipment you want for the next 5 years. Look at past precedence in previous mergers.

I have a trn date in 2 weeks for EWR777FO. The way I read it, I can get out of that and stay in my current seat (even though it is a lower category IAH737FO)? Waiting on ALPA to return call.

If you DO go to training based off this bid, does the cnx of seat lock apply to what you are awarded--so you go to 777 and then can bid off it in 6 mo? Or is the seat lock cnx only so that you can PARTICIPATE in this bid and get awarded something (but then will have the lock)?

Great if you live there and don't mind making min guarantee. Probably would suck as a commuter though.

Are you senior on the 777?

All the guys I talk to (commuters) love it. And they have about 1 year seniority.

Last edited:
I got my first bad schedule on the 777 this month... London and Paris back to backs on six day blocks. The thing that gets me is that I didn't do anything different on PBS than I did since the summer. Although it's commutable, you would need to get a crash pad for the time in between the back to back trips. With a little over two years on the property, I'm relatively junior on the plane.

been on both airplanes. The 756 is very commutable even go home in between trips. the 737 i did not find commutable. that was at 60% when I got off the airplane a year ago.

Latest resources

Back