• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CAL Management Proposal, Delta's Contract

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
90-120 seat category??? What do you think a 737-500 is?! Motch, stop negotiating in public!!! JHFC! I swear you don't even work at CAL and are just posting flamebait.

Get your facts straight..

737-300, 124 seats. (Going to be gone soon)
737-500, 114 seats. (Going to be gone in the next few years)

UAL Airbus 319, 120 seats.

That is why we have a category for that aircraft in our proposal.
(Category D Aircraft)
Maybe we should also include the EMB190/195 and C-Series into that.
(Is what I am saying)

We do not have a proposal for anything smaller~

And this site is not "Negotiating" in public. Why are you scared to have discussions about these aircraft?
Stop drinking the 'Hold the Line- All RJ's at mainline at all cost' Kool-Aid.
That horse has left the barn, thanks to ALPA National and other pilot groups signing them away.

How come you won't answer the question I posted... how do we stay competitive against Delta if we are flying a E175/CRJ700 at $164 for 5 yr Captain and $85 for 2 yr FO? Cockpit cost- $249.
Compass- Cockpit cost- $143 (for 18yr Captain/FO!)
Comair- Cockpit cost- $142 (for 18yr Captain/FO!)

The scope language in Delta's PWA is a no vote for me and probably most of the pilots at CAL. But we can't put our heads in the sand and not discuss how we;
A) Secure 70+ seat aircraft at Continental Mainline at a livable wage while
B) Remain competitive with our competition who are also using those aircraft.

Thanks Shrek..
But believe it or not... I'm spending more time flying with the Guard these days then at CAL~
Sad thing is, I enjoy the actual flying at CAL more than the Guard. But the Guard flying is more rewarding at the end of a flight than CAL.
(You can probably understand why)

It also doesn't hurt that the pay at the Guard is much more than at CAL, and that is sad....

Always
Motch

Stop being scared..
Last time I looked, this is America and people are allowed to talk out in the open.

Nobody is saying you do not have a right to talk, we are saying that it is not smart to talk. MGT. has enough weapons why do you want to give them more?

Stop being scared..
Last time I looked, this is America and people are allowed to talk out in the open.

Motch,
I understand what you are saying regarding staying competitive, etc. BUT, we're dealing with unethical, immoral managers and attorneys who already circumvent black and white issues in our current contract. We shouldn't even think about relaxing scope in anyway with any type of fancy deals (such as the ones that you have suggested). I GUARANTEE if we do that, then these "people" would lawyer their way out of it. JUST KEEP IT SIMPLE - all flying will be done by CAL pilots.

Guess what, our job is to fly and manage the airplane, not to figure out how CAL can remain competitive, etc. We are simply not equipped to do so (i.e. we don't have all the data, plans, etc.). Let Smisek and his entourage do what they are actually being paid for.

FUPM

Triple H, I hear ya...
The sad part is, most pilots in our industry don't work together nor do they have forward vision.

Had pilots thought about the RJ issue back in the day, we wouldn't have the mess we have now. Didn't PanAm have a system where their Pilots flew all their aircraft.. no matter what size?
Where was the ball dropped?

When 9/11 happened and I saw USAir getting rid of their pension, I knew other carrier would follow. ALPA National should have shut the system down right then and there.

Now that some carriers have allowed 76 seat aircraft to be flown under their colors but not their pilots we ALL have to deal with that world.

I would love to see every aircraft flown with a CAL flight number, CAL colors and CAL passengers to be flown by CAL PILOTS.
Not going to happen. (Thanks to ALPA N and Delta of the 90's)

But

There has go to be a way to secure the future growth at CAL and yet survive in the industry as it is today.

There are so many issues tied up with ALL these regional/commuter aircraft, where do we start!
BTW.. we always talk about 50 seat Jets, 76 seat Turboprops, etc...
The other day in Orlando I couldn't help notice a few Beech1900's in Full Continental colors..
Yet no one screams about them stealing flying or being flown at mainline.

Anyway
Off to work, one more week of flying here and then....
Always
Motch

FUPM~DARMA~Shut it Down

I found Contract '97 on the bookshelf and

An additional perspective on the pathetic DAL +$1 counter;
its still 50 cents LESS per hour for a 12 yr 737 Capt than contract 97 pay rates.

PLUS the 6hr drop in pay for reserves.

We want our loan paid back in FULL plus interest.

Sounds good...
I also think we should look at Delta's pre bankruptcy PWA and add that into the mix as well.

Their current PWA is a post bankruptcy concessionary contract and doesn't hold water when looking forward and things are getting better.
That being said, there are a few things in there that would be nice to have~
(Which I believe is in our proposal to the company anyway)

Always
motch

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back