• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CAL DEN and ORD bases???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I used to think CLE would get closed any time. Then I got based there. CLE works like a relief valve for EWR. I think it will do the same for ORD.

Flopgut, You are using some level of common sense which has no place in airline decision making. Management looks at the extra pilots they need on reserve, looks at how much they can outsource to the rj's and closes the base.

I was looking at the top of the list. You may be looking at entire list. The most senior LAX FO is junior to the most senior FO in any other BES, in all but a couple cases by over 1,000 numbers.

I'm looking at the bottom guys as thats what I feel determines if a base is senior, i.e. if I am a new hire what base can I hold and when. If you are senior you can hold any base, so the top guys don't really matter. I guess it is all just opinion and perspective from where you are at on the list.

Newest system bid bulletin this week says Jan bid is just for restaffing for retirements, but as we know they always say that.

Lots of rumors flying around about 737 bases opening in DEN and ORD and airbuses coming into CAL bases. With certain sections of the transition agreement expiring at the end of the year, only makes sense that the company will do this. My questions are -how would these bases go in regards to seniority? DEN senior I would guess ORD total wildcard. I would think the extra staffing requirements for new bases in addition to more aircraft deliveries and the beginning affects of retirements would require another bid with a decent amount of vacancies. Any thoughts?

The airbuses are going to IAH to fly central and south america because of the containerized cargo capacity. We all know those flights always carry a lot of cargo.

And we know that management does whatever they want, and if we even think slowdown we are getting sued. Can't wait to commute to ORD.

Very full flights IAH-ORD-IAH, lots of CAL, UAL commuters. Not an easy commute by any standards.

Very full flights IAH-ORD-IAH, lots of CAL, UAL commuters. Not an easy commute by any standards.

That's because Smisek and all his henchmen still are "commuting". Then again, when they are all getting an extra $15,000 per month for those brutal living expenses, they could care less.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back